Is Big Ben done?

notthatbluestuff

2 hours ago, Silver said:

Why? They were a decent backup away from the playoffs.

Money.

We are paying Ben $30m, and Dalton isnt going to be extremely cheap.  Some teams will give him more money than we can.  We have other holes to fill, too.

On 2/20/2020 at 11:39 AM, Elky said:

Well of course Brady is going to regress before Ben, that was the point I was trying to make lol

It isn't a big sample size, but he legit did look bad and an elbow injury isn't going to help.

To be fair, he was playing with the elbow injury in both games.

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

He supposedly was having issue with his elbow before the season even started.

I dont know how Ben will be going forward, but no one should be using how he looked in a game and a half last year to predict anything.

Yeah we should be worried about that elbow instead, if what you said is true.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I think the odds of Ben being done in 2021 are lower than the odds of Brees or Brady not having it in 2020.

He turns 38 in March.

Yeah, but he's been injured so much more than those guys  ever were.  

He has had his whole body repaired throughout his career, because he played most of those years without an offensive line that would actually block for him.

He's been sacked more than any other QB in NFL history. 

You really can't compare Roethlisberger's situation to any other current QB in the league right now.  

As long as his elbow is good to go, he is not done. He has perhaps lost s little but overall he is still a very good QB. 

Cant compare him to other QBs. I will say this though, Brees is still playing at a high level. Aaron Rodgers, imo, not as much. Tom Brady definitely looks like he is into his downward slide.

Ben has been the most hit QB in the league and he is also one of the best at breaking and alluding tackles. 2018 was plagued with him trying to force the ball to a head case. 

• Like 1

Here's the thing: Pittsburgh doesn't need Ben to be Killer B's era good. As long as he doesn't zombify like Peyton they can win with him as a bit player ala 2008. They have the pieces on both sides of the ball. If Shazier never got hurt that defense has potential to be all-time good.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 1