Mock Offseason v 1.0

beardown3231

Bears release Taylor Gabriel, Kyle Long, Ben Braunecker, and Prince Amukamara.

Bears let Nick Williams, Danny Trevathan, Haha Clinton Dix, and Sherrick McManis.

Bears extend Allen Robinson- 5 years,$80M
Bears extend Kevin Pierre Louis- 1 year, $3M
Bears extend Nick Kwiatkoski- 4 years, $22M
Bears extend Pat Scales- 2 years, $3M
Bears extend Cornelius Lucas- 1 year, $1M

Bears retain JP Holtz, Ted Larsen, Alex Bars, Jesper Horsted, Rashaad Coward, and DHC (minimum or close to it deals)

Bears sign Case Keenum- 2 years, $15M, 8M GTD
- vet depth for Trubisky
Bears sign Eric Ebron- 3 years, $24M, $12M GTD
- not a huge fan but no way they sign Hooper or Henry
Bears Sign Kamalei Correa- 3 years, $15M, $8M GTD
- Correa came on slow but he finally emerged in TEN. Not ideal that it was in a contract year but he was noticeable in the playoffs
Bears sign Jahleel Addae- 1 year, $1.5M, $800k GTD
- In the box safety who can also play ST
Bears sign Michael Schofield- 2 years, $8M, $3M GTD
- OG depth and still under 30 years old

**Note, I am admittedly not a cap expert so while these dollars should fit, they may be off by a little.

2. KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
- This offense needs speed and Hamler has plenty of it. He reminds me of Desean Jackson. Once they trade/cut/let Cohen walk, Hamler can fill in at PR, too.

2. Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
- There's no doubt that this team needs OL and there's no doubt Pace loves Georgia players. Wilson is an NFL RT and he may even be able to play inside if they need him.

4. Trevis Gipson, EDGE, Tulsa
- Not that it means a ton but the Bears have already met with Gipson. He's big at 6'4 260 and he had 8 sacks and 15 TFL as a senior. With Floyd probably not rushing much anymore and contract status in the air, I can see them using money on EDGE (Correa) but also addressing it early on. Whatever it takes to never have to watch Lynch or Irving again

5. Kevin Davidson, QB, Princeton
- Davidson had some buzz and now it has seemed to taper off. Last year he had a better than 3:1 TD:INT ratio and he isn't afraid to push the ball down the field. He's also an interesting dude- http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001096738/article/2020-eastwest-shrine-bowl-kevin-davidson-ready-for-his-shot

6. Levante Bellamy, RB, Western Michigan
- Not only is Bellamy a good back but he can flat out fly. He was clocked in the 4.2's at WMU. At worst he can be a Mizzell type (but muuuch better) until Cohen is gone.

6. DeMarkus Acy, CB, Missouri
- Had a down year but was projected early to go in the first few rounds. At worst he can fill McManis' role.

7. Cam Gill, LB, Wagner
- Gill can run and hit, reminds me of Iggy coming out, might end up as ST depth

7. Braden Mann, P, Texas A&M
- I am SICK of O'Donnell and you all know it :)

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears release Taylor Gabriel, Kyle Long, Ben Braunecker, and Prince Amukamara.

Bears let Nick Williams, Danny Trevathan, Haha Clinton Dix, and Sherrick McManis.

Bears extend Allen Robinson- 5 years,$80M
Bears extend Kevin Pierre Louis- 1 year, $3M
Bears extend Nick Kwiatkoski- 4 years, $22M
Bears extend Pat Scales- 2 years, $3M
Bears extend Cornelius Lucas- 1 year, $1M

Bears retain JP Holtz, Ted Larsen, Alex Bars, Jesper Horsted, Rashaad Coward, and DHC (minimum or close to it deals)

Bears sign Case Keenum- 2 years, $15M, 8M GTD
- vet depth for Trubisky
Bears sign Eric Ebron- 3 years, $24M, $12M GTD
- not a huge fan but no way they sign Hooper or Henry
Bears Sign Kamalei Correa- 3 years, $15M, $8M GTD
- Correa came on slow but he finally emerged in TEN. Not ideal that it was in a contract year but he was noticeable in the playoffs
Bears sign Jahleel Addae- 1 year, $1.5M, $800k GTD
- In the box safety who can also play ST
Bears sign Michael Schofield- 2 years, $8M, $3M GTD
- OG depth and still under 30 years old

**Note, I am admittedly not a cap expert so while these dollars should fit, they may be off by a little.

2. KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
- This offense needs speed and Hamler has plenty of it. He reminds me of Desean Jackson. Once they trade/cut/let Cohen walk, Hamler can fill in at PR, too.

2. Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
- There's no doubt that this team needs OL and there's no doubt Pace loves Georgia players. Wilson is an NFL RT and he may even be able to play inside if they need him.

4. Trevis Gipson, EDGE, Tulsa
- Not that it means a ton but the Bears have already met with Gipson. He's big at 6'4 260 and he had 8 sacks and 15 TFL as a senior. With Floyd probably not rushing much anymore and contract status in the air, I can see them using money on EDGE (Correa) but also addressing it early on. Whatever it takes to never have to watch Lynch or Irving again

5. Kevin Davidson, QB, Princeton
- Davidson had some buzz and now it has seemed to taper off. Last year he had a better than 3:1 TD:INT ratio and he isn't afraid to push the ball down the field. He's also an interesting dude- http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001096738/article/2020-eastwest-shrine-bowl-kevin-davidson-ready-for-his-shot

6. Levante Bellamy, RB, Western Michigan
- Not only is Bellamy a good back but he can flat out fly. He was clocked in the 4.2's at WMU. At worst he can be a Mizzell type (but muuuch better) until Cohen is gone.

6. DeMarkus Acy, CB, Missouri
- Had a down year but was projected early to go in the first few rounds. At worst he can fill McManis' role.

7. Cam Gill, LB, Wagner
- Gill can run and hit, reminds me of Iggy coming out, might end up as ST depth

7. Braden Mann, P, Texas A&M
- I am SICK of O'Donnell and you all know it :)

I'm not agree about this mock.  One thing that I would change would be not to draft Hamler.  MT seems to have a tough time hitting small receivers downfield.  If the plan is to just move on from him next year than an argument can be made for Hamler but as it stands right now I feel it would be a waste.  In this instance I may be inclined to trade down a little and pick up someone like KJ Hill perhaps as he provides a little more size.  Overall though, not bad.

I was shocked not to see O'Donnell cut at first. lol

I like it. Don't know anything of Davidson through Gil but looking over the scouting reports I can see the appeal. Being a Princeton kid Davidson has had at least two systems to learn and is a smart kid, so he has back up potential to whoever replaces Tru in 2021, plus the Bears have Horsted who has some insight on him.