LB Nigel Bradham Cut, Smashing

EaglesPeteC

I’ve always been a fan of Bradham; he was an absolute beast during the SB run.  No question his skills are diminishing though.

A little concerning the SB corps of Bradham, Hicks and Kendricks are all gone, but hopefully the Eagles get younger and faster there.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

I’ve always been a fan of Bradham; he was an absolute beast during the SB run.  No question his skills are diminishing though.

A little concerning the SB corps of Bradham, Hicks and Kendricks are all gone, but hopefully the Eagles get younger and faster there.

which was a good trio and we won the superbowl hmmm wonder if there is something to that.

Yea, you don't need good LB's....if your QB is Tom Brady or Pat Maholmes. Not good players are a liability, period.

KGH and Gerry both suck. Bradham basically sucked. He looked like Big Ben in coverage this past season and I don't recall him ever hitting the crap out of anyone. He was the only LB we had that could stack and shed at all, but he was pretty bad at that too. Fletcher not playing like an AP all pro exposed him big time.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, you don't need good LB's....if your QB is Tom Brady or Pat Maholmes. Not good players are a liability, period.

KGH and Gerry both suck. Bradham basically sucked. He looked like Big Ben in coverage this past season and I don't recall him ever hitting the crap out of anyone. He was the only LB we had that could stack and shed at all, but he was pretty bad at that too. Fletcher not playing like an AP all pro exposed him big time.

LBers are far from top priority. There's no reason to spend a lot of your resources on something that relatively speaking isn't important. I'm all for taking a guy like Troy Dye in the 3rd round or signing a middle tier free agent at the position.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

LBers are far from top priority. There's no reason to spend a lot of your resources on something that relatively speaking isn't important. I'm all for taking a guy like Troy Dye in the 3rd round or signing a middle tier free agent at the position.

I'm all for signing a mid tier guy and drafting a guy in the 3rd/4th, because we need 2 LB's. Kwiatkoski is obviously this forums current FA crush, so him + one of David Woodward/Jordyn Brooks/Logan Wilson would be ideal (preferably Woodward).

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Does voiding the last year of Bradham's deal mean we can get a comp for him? Or is it treated like a cut?

I know for with the 5th year option on rookie deals you don’t get comp picks if you decline the option. But I’m not sure if that’s a universal thing. 

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

My not so bold prediction is that we still neglect the LB position and we don´t address it much in the off season. 

Unfortunately seems like the most likely case

Wonder if Jim pushes to get at least some assets pushed towards that.

Our DL is not that fast, saw some loss of contain last year and we played our best when we actually had NFL caliber starters there.

I think it’s idiotic to be the Cowboys and put that much draft & money capital into LBs. But you need at least A guy. We can’t have a merry band of UDFAs out there and expect it to be great.