Kyler Fackrell

BZski

What are your guys thoughts on him? I see he is a FA and he had 10.5 sacks in 2018 but with you guys signing the Smith's and drafting Gary he seems expendable. I remember him as a decent pass rusher from the little I have seen.

Edited by BZski

Look at his pressures in that 10.5 sack season.

If his production were sustainable, we probably would not have signed two EDGE guys in free agency and drafted on with the 12'th overall pick.

He's versatile, but not a pass rush force.  Certainly has a spot in the NFL, though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BZski said:

What are your guys thoughts on him? I see he is a FA and he had 10.5 sacks in 2018 but with you guys signing the Smith's and drafting Gary he seems expendable. I remember him as a decent pass rusher from the little I have seen.

If you have your main guy but are thin he could be a solid #2/rotation guy. He's capable of winning 1v1's, he's athletic so he can drop a bit. If you see him every down you're going to be frustrated with him. I guess @vegas492 said it fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

If you have your main guy but are thin he could be a solid #2/rotation guy. He's capable of winning 1v1's, he's athletic so he can drop a bit. If you see him every down you're going to be frustrated with him. I guess @vegas492 said it fine. 

Thats what I am thinking. A rotational guy making 3 or so mil a season.

27 minutes ago, BZski said:

That's what I am thinking. A rotational guy making 3 or so mil a season.

I really liked him as a prospect, but he's been in two different defenses and blew up in the first year of the 2nd defense he learned and came back down from that the second year due to the FA signings seeing fewer snaps; though it should be of note that he looked lost from time to time. For reference, part of the logic behind the signings, however, were a part of an effort to make the group a lot more aggressive than it had been. We felt Clay Matthews was pretty much done and Nick Perry was pretty much a bust sparing a contract year in which we took the bait. Now, we have a pass-rush that sets the tone, but the players we brought in were more dominant than Fackrell though Fackrell greatly benefited from more snaps due to injury. Personally, I think the organization looked at his 10.5 sack total for 2018 as an anomaly as the die had already been cast regarding his future with the team after his rookie contract.

As they'd say on Letterkenny: to be faairrr... Fackrell would be far better off in a system where he's brought in as a 3rd guy who can have a significant role, but not one that makes or breaks the defense; I'm thinking a guy who could take on 40% of the snaps primarily rushing. I think he would also thrive in a system where you have a dynamic 4 man front playing the Joker role similar to what Barr does in Minnesota, but be more of a SAM backer than a BUCK as he would be best served having more freedom to either rush or cover his area of the field. 

3 mil is low for him. I think a 4/20 piled on with incentives or 4/24 would be fair for him. 

Edited by Joe

from Eye in the Sky twitter

"Fackrell is a reliable sub-package player in coverage & as a pass rusher not edge rusher. The problem arises when Fackrell is used on run downs. Fackrell is easily handled by Tight Ends. Fackrell has reached his ceiling. However, it’s not a guarantee to replace him seamlessly."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"Fackrell is a reliable sub-package player in coverage & as a pass rusher not edge rusher. The problem arises when Fackrell is used on run downs. Fackrell is easily handled by Tight Ends. Fackrell has reached his ceiling. However, it’s not a guarantee to replace him seamlessly."

This is pretty accurate though I think he's better as an EDGE rusher in that he rushes instead of trying to set the EDGE; we call know he can't do that.

24 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

That's too far. He's fine against Tight Ends. It's Tackles that give him problems, which isn't much better, but let's be honest with this thing.

15 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

https://twitter.com/The_Green_Gold

in your spare time, you can take it up with the author - here's his bold claim:

"Unbiased and critical Packer analysis all year long. The All-22 never lies.
I'm here to tell the truth, the whole truth, & nothing but the truth."

We've already established this guy is a moron. Like 4 times already.

• Like 1