Joe Burrow may force his way out of the Cincinnati Bengals

DigInBoys

I don't see anything in there that suggests Burrow himself has any inkling that he might force his way out. Sure, there's conjecture from several people - but that's worth nothing at this point, literally nothing at all.

Here, I'll do this:

Joe Burrow considering signing a lifetime contract with the Cincinnati Bengals

"A source close to Burrow maintains he loves Ohio," 

Nothing substantial behind this claim, but I'm projecting he loves Ohio because he's from there and committed to Ohio State out of High School.

So, there you go. He won't force his way out, because he loves Ohio and is going to sign a lifetime contract. 

• Like 16

Burrow may also move to China to pursue his lifelong dream of being a rice farmer. 

Lots of things may happen. Palmer advising Burrow to do something doesn’t mean there’s any likelihood it’ll happen. Especially since Burrow’s dad came out and said the opposite.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't see anything in there that suggests Burrow himself has any inkling that he might force his way out. Sure, there's conjecture from several people - but that's worth nothing at this point, literally nothing at all.

Here, I'll do this:

Joe Burrow considering signing a lifetime contract with the Cincinnati Bengals

"A source close to Burrow maintains he loves Ohio," 

Nothing substantial behind this claim, but I'm projecting he loves Ohio because he's from there and committed to Ohio State out of High School.

So, there you go. He won't force his way out, because he loves Ohio and is going to sign a lifetime contract. 

He seems very non-committal to say the least, to the point where we can at least entertain the possibility with everything that's swirling around:

The LSU quarterback danced around the subject Monday, saying “if they select me, they select me.”

But Burrow also acknowledged he has “leverage” as the Heisman Trophy winner and best player in the draft.

“I do have leverage,” Burrow said. “They have their process and I have my process. We haven’t even gotten to the Combine yet. There’s a lot of things that happen leading up to the draft and a lot of information gathered.

“Right now, I’m focused on being the best football player I can be. I’m in this unique spot. You can go watch my film. I don’t have to prove myself at pro day and at the Combine, so I’m in a unique spot where I can focus on getting ready for the year.”

Burrow said he has not talked to Carson Palmer, the No. 1 overall choice of the Bengals in 2003 and the brother of Burrow’s private quarterbacks coach, Jordan. Carson Palmer recently ripped the Bengals for not being driven to win.

“If we do have the conversation, it’ll happen down the road,” Burrow said. “We’re super focused. I’ve only been there a week. It’s all ball right now.”

Edited by DigInBoys

8 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

He seems very non-committal to say the least, to the point where we can at least entertain the possibility with everything that's swirling around:

I think he's saying what anyone in his position would say - he doesn't want to commit to any specific franchise because who knows who might trade up for him at #1, that's been a hotly suggested path Cincy could go; Leveraging that pick into a treasure trove of selections down the line. 

If he committed to Cincy at #1 right now, and Miami gives up all three first round picks and a few future 2nd round picks to move up to #1, how awkward is that for him?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think he's saying what anyone in his position would say - he doesn't want to commit to any specific franchise because who knows who might trade up for him at #1, that's been a hotly suggested path Cincy could go; Leveraging that pick into a treasure trove of selections down the line. 

If he committed to Cincy at #1 right now, and Miami gives up all three first round picks and a few future 2nd round picks to move up to #1, how awkward is that for him?

Not very awkward at all to be honest.

15 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

Not very awkward at all to be honest.

The NFL doesn’t want any team to say who they’re picking before the draft or sign the #1 Overall pick the night before the draft anymore like they used to. In line with the tipping picks controversy, they want “fans” to be surprised when Goodell announces the pick. That now leaves teams having to hum and haw and appear non committal. Therefore even if the Bengals have told him behind closed doors that he’ll be the pick he needs to appear to be able to accept any team might pick him. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It is literally zero percent awkward what the hell are you talking about??

• Like 1