Joe Burrow may force his way out of the Cincinnati Bengals

DigInBoys

2 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

It is literally zero percent awkward what the hell are you talking about??

So, if he says "yeah, I want to go to Cincinnati," and then he ends up in Miami... you're saying that's NOT awkward? 

Do we have different definitions of the word "awkward" or do you sincerely believe that it's water under the bridge for Miami fans knowing their QB said he wanted to play somewhere else?

Just now, ET80 said:

So, if he says "yeah, I want to go to Cincinnati," and then he ends up in Miami... you're saying that's NOT awkward? 

Do we have different definitions of the word "awkward" or do you sincerely believe that it's water under the bridge for Miami fans knowing their QB said he wanted to play somewhere else?

Are you new to sports? Nobody cares if he said he wanted to play somewhere, especially if its because that team happened to be picking #1. None of what he's saying is typical or normal of first overall picks or the like. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

Are you new to sports? Nobody cares if he said he wanted to play somewhere, especially if its because that team happened to be picking #1. None of what he's saying is typical or normal of first overall picks or the like. 

@ET80 I hate agreeing with Nastydumbarse (jk I love u) but he’s right. I think Burrow will go to Cinci and be a good little boy about it. But what he’s saying is not typical of the consensus #1 overall pick. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nastradamus said:

Are you new to sports?

Probably been watching longer than you've been alive...

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

None of what he's saying is typical or normal of first overall picks or the like. 

The only example we have of a #1 pick going into specifics of what team he does or doesn't want to play for is Eli and San Diego, and all you had to do was watch that painfully awkward situation play out to realize NOBODY wanted to be there at that moment. 

If this isn't awkward to you, then you don't understand what awkward is. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Burrow will go to Cinci and be a good little boy about it. But what he’s saying is not typical of the consensus #1 overall pick. 

I don't really see where it's atypical either. I mean... what did he really say? He's got a process? It's still a long way between now and the draft? 

What's out there that's so different? 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I don't really see where it's atypical either. I mean... what did he really say? He's got a process? It's still a long way between now and the draft? 

What's out there that's so different? 

I mean the question is basically "Bengals fans are sad inside will you give them a hug" and he said "hang tight let's see what happens".

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean the question is basically "Bengals fans are sad inside will you give them a hug" and he said "hang tight let's see what happens".

I guess I didn't interpret it as such. I see it as typical media jabber, saying nothing while using a bunch of words.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

ET, I think there’s some confusion as to what’s being discussed. I think Nostr is arguing that no team will care if player X says “it’d be swell to play for team Y.”

That's fair from a team perspective, but I guess I'm thinking more from a fan perspective. 

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Probably been watching longer than you've been alive...

The only example we have of a #1 pick going into specifics of what team he does or doesn't want to play for is Eli and San Diego, and all you had to do was watch that painfully awkward situation play out to realize NOBODY wanted to be there at that moment. 

If this isn't awkward to you, then you don't understand what awkward is. 

Big Ben's agent's reaction when he Rivers gets picked at four is priceless.

What leverage does Burrow THINK he has? Curious?

Is he going to sit out a year? 

Going to publically say, I'm not signing with Cincy no matter what? So you better not draft me?

What makes him or anyone else think the Bengals and the Brown Family in particular wouldn't just draft him out of Spite to call his BS/bluff? Then all you've accomplished is alienating your fan base!!

Even if he intentionally (Not happening INO) Tanked his Combine in Hope's of Dropping to Miami , LAC or Another. Really think that would change the Bengals  FO mind?

Edited by Nabbs4u

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What leverage does Burrow THINK he has? Curious?

Is he going to sit out a year? 

Going to publically say, I'm not signing with Cincy no matter what? So you better not draft me?

What makes him or anyone else think the Bengals and the Brown Family in particular wouldn't just draft him out of Spite to call his BS/bluff? Then all you've accomplished is alienating your fan base!!

Even if he intentionally (Not happening INO) Tanked his Combine in Hope's of Dropping to Miami , LAC or Another. Really think that would change the Bengals  FO mind?

post a video of someone in a gas mask smoking weed the night before the draft. boom. 

• Like 1