Joe Burrow may force his way out of the Cincinnati Bengals

DigInBoys

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's wrestling doesn't everyone turn heel?

@ET80 can confirm that before Hogan rarely if ever did this happen. He’s the one who started that precedent on that level. Essentially you were a face if the fans loved you, hence face of the company.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's wrestling doesn't everyone turn heel?

Cena never did even though the potential would have been absolutely massive from 2009-2012. His face popularity had died down at that point, but he was such a face, that the turn would of been epic. I mean, he successfully played a Upper Mid Card Heel in 2003-2004, so he is certainly capable of the role. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Cena never did even though the potential would have been absolutely massive from 2009-2012. His face popularity had died down at that point, but he was such a face, that the turn would of been epic. I mean, he successfully played a Upper Mid Card Heel in 2003-2004, so he is certainly capable of the role. 

That makes sense since he's the Babe Ruth of the Make a Wish foundation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Good point. Still would of been epic to see though. Would of been something you Youtube decades later you know? I still watch the Hogan heel turn, some of Rocks returns, HHH return in 2002, Cena return at RR in 2008 (although not a Cena fan), some of Rock and Austins championship wins such as Rock Backlash 2000, Kurt Angles Unforgiven 2001 win after his dad passed, and other classic moments. 

Not into wrestling these days but it’s fun to go back. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They've been hinting at it lately... Much like Hogan when he turned, Cena's initial target audience is now in their teens and an edgier version of him would get those fans back into it.

Nonetheless, this was from April '19 - Cena back in his Thuganomics persona:

I don't follow, but I got the BookFace telling me about it.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Not into wrestling these days but it’s fun to go back. 

I'd check those guys out in podcast interviews if that's your thing. I'm a Pardon My Take guy and they've had a bunch of them on; even as a non-wrestling fan (I watched when I was 10 but didn't know the storylines) I was completed hooked on Stone Cold and HHH talking shop.

• Like 1