Skins fan comes in peace

LoganF89

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why is this even a talking point?

It's a talking point because of the bazillions of cryptic tweets sent out by Diggs over the last 2 weeks or so.  It's riled up a bunch of people.  (People may think I'm riled up over it, but I'm not.  It's just a valid talking point if he clearly doesn't want to be there)

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's a talking point because of the bazillions of cryptic tweets sent out by Diggs over the last 2 weeks or so.  It's riled up a bunch of people.  (People may think I'm riled up over it, but I'm not.  It's just a valid talking point if he clearly doesn't want to be there)

But that projection is based on collective negative reactions to those tweets. 

It could be the polar opposite: the cryptic messages could be because he wants to stay in Minnesota his entire career.

Who knows..?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

But that projection is based on collective negative reactions to those tweets. 

It could be the polar opposite: the cryptic messages could be because he wants to stay in Minnesota his entire career.

Who knows..?

That's why they're "cryptic" haha. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m going to laugh if the Vikings come out and announce a contract restructure with Diggs. 

I was thinking along these lines too. Give Diggs a raise but try to do so in a way to help the 2020 cap position. Not sure what that would like but I feel that is a more likely outcome than a trade.

I know they could do that (based on that long, drawn out discussion that I had with @Cearbhall I think), but with 4 years left on the deal,  I'd be surprised if that happened.  I'd think they'd be far more likely to do it with Danielle, giving him a raise, since he has a similar structure of a deal, and has proven to be possibly even more important and causes less issues.  

21 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

It won't happen, but what if WAS  offered #2 straight up?

It would be tough to pass that up. Chase Young or trade it to MIA/LV with multiple first round picks. If they could find a way to trade Diggs and get 2 firsts out of it, I'd be on board. That's coming from a huge advocate for keeping Diggs.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I was thinking along these lines too. Give Diggs a raise but try to do so in a way to help the 2020 cap position. Not sure what that would like but I feel that is a more likely outcome than a trade.

Most contracts have a restructure option built in. Teams can exercise it whether the player wants to or not. We saw the Vikings do it with Eric Kendricks’ contract last year.