WR: Danny Amendola, 4th Round Rookie, Chris Lacy

LE: Vic Beasley, Da'Shawn Hand, Romeo Okwara
DT: A'Shawn Robinson, John Atkins 
DT: D.J. Reader, Ross Blacklock, Kevin Strong
RE: Trey Flowers, Austin Bryant
OLB: Devon Kennard, 7th Round Rookie
MLB: Jahlani Tavai, Christian Jones
OLB: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Steve Longa 
CB: Darius Slay, Jeffrey Okudah, Rashaan Melvin, Justin Coleman, Amani Oruwariye, Jamal Agnew 
FS: Tracy Walker III, 6th Round Rookie
SS: Will Harris, 4th Round Rookie

K: Matt Prater
P: 7th Round Rookie

Wow.

I loved the OLine improvements, and pairing Slay with Okudah always looks great, but I did not expect this team to be this good. They finished 10-6 and earned a wildcard game against the Giants, which they won 35-34. They faced off against the NFC North-leading, 11-5 Bears in the second round of the playoffs and won that game 31-24. Their playoff run came to an end against the Rams in the conference championship, with the final score being 35-32.

They finished 20th in total offense, but 6th in defense, racking up 43 sacks. Stafford ended the regular season with 28 TDs, 11 INTs and 3,986 yards, while Kerryon eclipsed 1k yards with 1,019. The WRs were steady, with Golladay and Amendola both putting up 800ish, and Hockenson adding another 728. (Ragnow and Williams finished 4th and 5th, respectively, in "best OLman of the year", with Glasgow coming in 9th.)

What a season, and great job. So far, 10-6 and two playoff wins is the mark to beat.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, and I may not have been clear, but if you propose a draft pick for draft pick trade outside of the Key Decisions, it must fall within 50 points of trade value. The Offers Received in #9 are unique to this rule, as the other team has proposed that deal, which makes it exempt from the TVC.

You could remove #56 and fall almost exactly on the target, and could even have MIA toss in a 5th round pick if you'd like.

I'll have to hold off on completing your submission until I get feedback from you as to how this is resolved.

@Karnage84 Happen to have any feedback on this? I'd love to run that team through the sim.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:18 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

*Attempt #2*

QB: Matt Stafford, David Blough
RB: JK Dobbins, Kerryon Johnson, Ty Johnson
WR: Kenny Golladay, Justin Jefferson, 4th rd WR, Marvin Hall, Travis Fulgham
TE: TJ Hockenson, Jesse James, Isaac Nauta
LT: Taylor Decker, Tyrell Crosby
LG: Brandon Scherff, Josh Garnett
C Frank Ragnow, Joe Dahl
RG: Tyler Biadasz, Beau Benzschawel
RT: Jack Conklin, 5th rd Rookie

DE: Jadeveon Clowney, Da’Shawn Hand
DT: Neville Gallimore, 7th rd DT
DT: A’Shawn Robinson, John Atkins
DE: Tyler Flowers, Austin Bryant
OLB: Devon Kenard, Jalen Reeves Maybin
MLB: Jalani Tavai, Christian Jones
OLB: Josh Uche, 6th rd LB
CB: Jeff Okudah, Amani Oruwariye
CB: Bradley Roby, Justin Coleman, Jamal Agnew
S: Karl Joseph, Will Harris
S: Tracey Walker, Miles Killebrew

P: 6th rd Punter

So, I was really liking this team. I was considering adding Clowney to the defense in another attempt, and the offensive line was pretty nuts here.

The team finished the regular season by winning the NFC North with a 9-7 record. Unfortunately, they lost to the Eagles in the wildcard round 35-24. They finished with the 18th ranked offense and the 2nd(!) ranked defense. Pretty nuts. Dobbins won the NFC OROY (as Fromm, Herbert, Tua and Burrow fought for the AFC OROY), and Clowney won the NFC Best DL. (Interestingly, Slay won the NFC Best DB for the Eagles.)

Stafford finished the year with 4,025 passing yards and 28 TDs/10 INTs. Dobbins was a few carries shy of 1k with 979, but also added 11 TDs. Golladay finished with 827 yards, and the rest of the receivers hovered around 700. But, man, on defense... talk about a sack party. Clowney racked up 18, Flowers added 11, and Kennard and Uche finished with 4 and 3.5 respectively. Again, nuts.

Scary good defense. It's a shame that they couldn't pull it off.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

I'ma give this thing another shot... I can't be satisfied with a losing record. Bear with me.

Starting Cap: $40M

I accepted Key Decisions #3 (traded Marvin Jones to NE, $6.5M Cap Savings, obtained 6th round pick), #4 (traded Jarrad Davis to BAL, $2M Cap Savings, obtained 4th round pick) and #9.1 (trade the 3rd overall pick to MIA for the 5th overall pick, 26th overall pick and a future 2nd round pick).

Current Cap: $48.5M

I released Rick Wagner ($5M Cap Savings) and Harrison retired ($5M Cap Hit).

I re-signed A'Shawn Robinson ($4M Cap Hit) and Danny Amendola ($3M Cap Hit).

I signed Jadeveon Clowney ($23M Cap Hit) and Ndamukong Suh ($6M Cap Hit) in free agency.

Current Cap: $12.5M

I signed Joe Thuney ($4M Cap Hit) and Bryan Bulaga ($8M Cap Hit) in free agency.

Current Cap: $500K

Current picks:

1.5 (1700)
1.26 (700)
2.35 (550)
3.67 (255)
4 (BAL)
6 (NE)

Future 2nd Round Pick (190)

Traded the 5th overall pick (1700) to CAR for the 7th overall pick (1500) and their 3rd round pick (69 - 245). (Total value: 1700 to 1745.)

1.7 (1500)
1.26 (700)
2.35 (550)
3.67 (255)
3.69 (245)
4 (BAL)
6 (NE)

Future 2nd Round Pick (190)

Traded the 26th overall pick (700), 2nd round pick (550), second 3rd round pick (245) and MIA's future 2nd round pick (190) to LAC for the 6th overall pick (1600). (Total value: 1600 to 1685.)

1.6 (1600)
1.7 (1500)
3.67 (255)
4 (BAL)
6 (NE)

Traded the 3rd round pick (255) to DEN for their 3rd round pick (77 - 205) and a 5th round pick.

1.6 (1600)
1.7 (1500)
3.77 (205)
4 (BAL)

5 (DEN)
6 (NE)

I selected the following players in the draft:

1.6 - Derrick Brown
1.7 - Isaiah Simmons
3.77 - Ben Bredeson
4 - RB
4 - CB
5 - WR
5 - S
6 - OT
6 - MLB
7 - P

If this thing doesn't win me some games, I swear...

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

On 2/20/2020 at 2:19 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

*Attempt #2*

QB: Matthew Stafford, David Blough
RB: Kerryon Johnson, 4th Round Rookie, Bo Scarbrough, Ty Johnson
FB: Nick Bawden
WR: Kenny Golladay, Marvin Hall
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Jesse James, Isaac Nauta
LG: Joe Thuney, Joshua Garnett
C: Frank Ragnow, Joe Dahl
RG: Ben Bredeson, Beau Benzschawel
RT: Bryan Bulaga, 6th Round Rookie
WR: Danny Amendola, 5th Round Rookie, Chris Lacy

LE: Jadeveon Clowney, Da'Shawn Hand, Romeo Okwara
DT: Derrick Brown, Ndamukong Suh, Kevin Strong
OLB: Devon Kennard, Jalen Reeves-Maybin
MLB: Jahlani Tavai, Christian Jones, 6th Round Rookie
OLB: Isaiah Simmons, Steve Longa 
CB: Darius Slay, Justin Coleman, Amani Oruwariye, 4th Round CB, Jamal Agnew 
FS: Tracy Walker III
SS: Will Harris, 5th Round Rookie

Brutal.

Despite a 5-1-1 start, this roster finished 7-8-1. I thought the offense would be a weakness, yet both the offense and defense finished 7th overall in yards and middle-of-the-pack in points. Lots of close losses.

Stafford finished with 4,418 yards, 28 TDs and a painful 18 INTs. Kerryon racked up 1,051 yards with 5 TDs, and Bo added 6 of his own. Both Golladay and Amendola ended with over 1,000 receiving yards, and Hockenson added another 820. I really thought that the strong defensive line and linebackers would carry this team, but I guess not.

No bueno.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

Alright. I tried one built around the offense and the results were underwhelming. I then went out and built a crazy front seven and ended up with the same record. I'ma try one more tonight and then take a break from doing my own.

That can mean only one thing: it's Tua time.

"Starting Cap: $40

I accepted Key Decisions #1 (trade Stafford to NE for their 1st and 3rd, $3.5M Cap Hit) and #3 (trade Jones to NE for their 6th, $6.5M Cap Savings).

Current Cap: $43M

I re-signed Graham Glasgow ($8M Cap Hit), A'Shawn Robinson ($4M Cap Hit) and Danny Amendola ($3M Cap Hit).

I released Rick Wagner ($5M Cap Savings) and Damon Harrison retired ($5M Cap Hit).

Current Cap: $28M

I signed Jack Conklin ($14M Cap Hit), Ndamukong Suh ($6M Cap Hit) and Logan Ryan ($8M Cap Hit) in free agency.

Current Cap: $0

Draft Picks:

6 (NE)

I traded the 23rd overall pick (760) and the 2nd round pick (550) to CLE for the 10th overall pick (1300). (Value: 1310 to 1300.)

I traded the first 3rd round pick (67 - 255) to DEN for their 3rd round pick (77 - 205) and a 4th round pick.

I selected the following players in the draft:

1.3 - Tua Tagovailoa
1.10 - CeeDee Lamb
3.77 - Ben Bredeson
3.87 - Bradlee Anae
4 RB
4 CB
5 WR
6 S
6 LB
7 P

On 2/20/2020 at 6:39 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

*Attempt #3*

QB: Tua Tagovailoa, David Blough
RB: Kerryon Johnson, 4th Round Rookie, Bo Scarbrough, Ty Johnson
FB: Nick Bawden
WR: Kenny Golladay, 5th Round Rookie, Marvin Hall
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Jesse James, Isaac Nauta
LG: Graham Glasgow, Joshua Garnett
C: Frank Ragnow, Joe Dahl
RG: Ben Bredeson, Beau Benzschawel
RT: Jack Conklin
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Danny Amendola, Travis Fulgham

LE: Da'Shawn Hand, Bradlee Anae, Romeo Okwara
DT: Ndamukong Suh, Kevin Strong
OLB: Devon Kennard, Jalen Reeves-Maybin
MLB: Jahlani Tavai, Christian Jones, 6th Round Rookie
OLB: Jarrad Davis, Steve Longa 
CB: Darius Slay, Logan Ryan, Justin Coleman, Amani Oruwariye, 4th Round Rookie, Jamal Agnew 
FS: Tracy Walker III
SS: Will Harris, 6th Round Rookie

Finally.

After repeated failures, this roster, led by Tua, finished 11-5, won the NFC North and earned a 1st round bye. The offense finished 9th in yards, the defense 3rd in yards, and Tua won the NFC OROY, posting 4,047 yards, 32 TDs and 6 INTs. Kerryon racked up 1,280 yards and 8 TDs, and the 4th round RB added an additional 7 TDs (on only 76 carries). Golladay totaled 1,111 yards and 10 TDs, and Hockenson (694), Amendola (917) and Lamb (631) all contributed to this well-balanced passing attack. (Amendola had 9 TDs. Wow.) Suh led the defense with 8.5 sacks, and Flowers added an additional 7.

Unfortunately, they lost to the Falcons 27-24 in the second round of the playoffs. Not fun.

Ah well. The best attempt (for me) yet.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

17 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, and I may not have been clear, but if you propose a draft pick for draft pick trade outside of the Key Decisions, it must fall within 50 points of trade value. The Offers Received in #9 are unique to this rule, as the other team has proposed that deal, which makes it exempt from the TVC.

You could remove #56 and fall almost exactly on the target, and could even have MIA toss in a 5th round pick if you'd like.

I'll have to hold off on completing your submission until I get feedback from you as to how this is resolved.

Ok, no worries.

So lose #56 (Mims), change my 4th - WR (instead of TE); add 5th - TE from Miami