2020 NFL Combine Thread

goldfishwars

It should be noted that CB David Long, S Taylor Rapp, and LB Dakota Allen were all top-7 in the 20-yard shuttle at the Combine last year, regardless of position. Long and Rapp were the two best 20-yard shuttle testers at the Combine. All three were also near the top at their positions in the 3-cone drill. EDGE Trevon Young and DE John Franklin Meyers were near the tops of their positions in the change-of-direction drills at the 2018 Combine.  OT Joseph Noteboom was first at his position in the 20-yard shuttle. WR Cooper Kupp was top-5 in the 20-yard shuttle during the 2017 Combine, and near the top in the 3-cone. TE Gerald Everett was top-4 at his position in both the 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle. 

All of these players were drafted by the Rams.

The moral of this story? Les Snead, a man with a history of drafting incredibly well in the mid-to-late rounds of the draft, LOVES change-of-direction ability. Rams fans, pay attention to shuttle and 3-cone times.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man I really struggled with this guy's film.

Elite Run Defender, great bend, ridiculous arm length which will help big time in the NFL, good speed/power combination. What did you think of Aldon back in the day? I had him Top 6 if I remember correctly. But most media/fans had him in the 15-17 range and claimed the Niners over drafted him at 9. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:
17 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man I really struggled with this guy's film.

Elite Run Defender, great bend, ridiculous arm length which will help big time in the NFL, good speed/power combination. What did you think of Aldon back in the day? I had him Top 6 if I remember correctly. But most media/fans had him in the 15-17 range and claimed the Niners over drafted him at 9. 

From a pure pass rush technique standpoint. he needs to be coached up considerably, however he's versatile and does every aspect of the EDGE position from contain to run defense. So far he's made it through on athleticism, but he needs to refine his technique. Given how well he's picked up other things, I don't think it should be too difficult.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

From a pure pass rush technique standpoint. he needs to be coached up considerably, however he's versatile and does every aspect of the EDGE position from contain to run defense. So far he's made it through on athleticism, but he needs to refine his technique. Given how well he's picked up other things, I don't think it should be too difficult.

Absolutely agreed. Never disputed he needs to learn more pass rushing moves. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

He definitely looks the part for sure, just never really took over a game in the way you expect for a guy who flashes high level play. Maybe I haven't seen the right games, because I was excited to watch him and he left me wanting a lot more than what I got.

15 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

He definitely looks the part for sure, just never really took over a game in the way you expect for a guy who flashes high level play. Maybe I haven't seen the right games, because I was excited to watch him and he left me wanting a lot more than what I got.

Penn State rarely just turned him lose and said "Go get the QB" on every play. He was asked to do a variety of things. Lining up at DT sometimes, playing contain on the EDGE. He made plays a lot of the time when his number was called.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You're kidding, right?

Is there any actual players you can name either way? Like guys who bomber the sparq and greatly improved the combine or bombed both. I’m genuinely curious if anyone has actually tracked the improvements made in the tests