Brad Biggs: On the QB Position

WindyCity

Just now, abstract_thought said:

On the other hand it means another season with one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL which will surely have a domino effect throughout the offense.

Yes. Carr's 2019 stats were significantly better than MT's.  And he didn't have great weapons.

He did have a good O line for most of the year and a great RB until he got hurt.

Other factor is Carr doesn't know Nagy's (Reid's) scheme and terminology which is different from Gruden's.  

4 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Don't know how this is possible, but getting Carr would somehow be both a ballsy move and very conservative.  

Is there any way Trubisky wins a competition with him this summer?

I think it isn't a competition.  I think if Carr is the move then he is the guy.  

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It doesn't have to be one or the other.  It can be some from column A and some from column B.  

But based on your quote below you do think it's one or the other:

"That's really question isn't it?  How much of an improvement would Carr be over Trubisky given Bears personnel?"

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Hmm, if you believe the problem is the personnel then why is everyone down on Trubisky?

My personal feelings on Trubisky are he regressed in 2019.  And he regressed from a place where he wasn't even very good yet.   

I think the regression wasn't all his fault.  I think a lot was on assumptions by Nagy and Pace.

I think they assumed that position switch between Daniels and Whitehair would work (as did I).  It didn't. 

I think they assumed that Long could still play and he couldn't.  That was a really bad one as he was a total liability not just in first 3 games but all through training camp.  Ruining practices and screwing with his 2019 preparation.  

I think they assumed that Leno wouldn't be flagged for holding a bunch of times for playing like he always has.  That didn't turn out to be true.  

I think they assumed that Cohen would be a dynamic slot WR and he wasn't.  (I assumed this too).

I think they assumed that TE position would be okay once Shaheen and Burton got healthy and they never got healthy or good.   

None of that was MT's fault.   His practice situation (training camp) sucked.  O line let everyone through nearly every play.  It was a joke.  How do you work on timing?  

Now did he still suck with decisions he did make?  Yeah, a lot of them.  So its tough to say.   

Unlike most I think there is still a chance he can be good given a better camp and improved personnel up front.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

My personal feelings on Trubisky are he regressed in 2019.  And he regressed from a place where he wasn't even very good yet.   

I think the regression wasn't all his fault.  I think a lot was on assumptions by Nagy and Pace.

I think they assumed that position switch between Daniels and Whitehair would work (as did I).  It didn't. 

I think they assumed that Long could still play and he couldn't.  That was a really bad one as he was a total liability not just in first 3 games but all through training camp.  Ruining practices and screwing with his 2019 preparation.  

I think they assumed that Leno wouldn't be flagged for holding a bunch of times for playing like he always has.  That didn't turn out to be true.  

I think they assumed that Cohen would be a dynamic slot WR and he wasn't.  (I assumed this too).

I think they assumed that TE position would be okay once Shaheen and Burton got healthy and they never got healthy or good.   

None of that was MT's fault.   His practice situation (training camp) sucked.  O line let everyone through nearly every play.  It was a joke.  How do you work on timing?  

Now did he still suck with decisions he did make?  Yeah, a lot of them.  So its tough to say.   

Unlike most I think there is still a chance he can be good given a better camp and improved personnel up front.

I agree with all of that. I am not sure Mitch has been given a fair shake yet. 

Isn't one of Carr's things that he's literally never won a cold weather game? I vaguely remember that being a thing when he was brought up previously. 

Edit 1-9 record when the temp is 45 or lower. Thatd be terrifying even if we played in Miami. 

Edited by Epyon