Brad Biggs: On the QB Position

WindyCity

17 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That was one of clauses that stood out to me.   

Can you imagine having a union gig where the new contract offer states that you and all other more high compensated employees must now work one extra shift a month for a quarter of your usual hourly rate?  Is this 2020 or 1920 when the robber barons ruled because labor unions didn't exist?

I'm never completely on the players side either but extremely rich people who become ever more greedy are really beginning to piss me off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Can you imagine having a union gig where the new contract offer states that you and all other more high compensated employees must now work one extra shift a month for a quarter of your usual hourly rate?  Is this 2020 or 1920 when the robber barons ruled because labor unions didn't exist?

I'm never completely on the players side either but extremely rich people who become ever more greedy are really beginning to piss me off.

LOL. Monopoly union contracts can’t be compared to anything but monopoly union contracts.  There is only one NFL. 

Only thing that really matters is revenue split and what it is and how that revenue is calculated and free agency (read tags).  

Health care could be a biggie too. Post career health care costs big $$ for people who will really use it.  

Rest is fluff as their careers are generally too short.  They should take advantage of matching 401k and all that, but they won’t so it doesn’t really mean anything.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL. Monopoly union contracts can’t be compared to anything but monopoly union contracts.  There is only one NFL. 

Only thing that really matters is revenue split and what it is and how that revenue is calculated and free agency (read tags).  

Health care could be a biggie too. Post career health care costs big $$ for people who will really use it.  

Rest is fluff as their careers are generally too short.  They should take advantage of matching 401k and all that, but they won’t so it doesn’t really mean anything.  

True.....and I realize that, still what did the owners think they'd accomplish with a clause like that?

Goddell would like everyone to believe the league is highly sensitive to the health and safety of their players but then they ask at least some of them to play one more game that increases their risk for a fraction of their normal pay.  Just how hypocritical is that?

The revenue split was obviously at the top of the players list but nothing was given there that wasn't pretty much anticipated to begin with and the offset for that seems to be the proposed changes in the 5th year option rule and whatever changes may be proposed re; FA.

Since to date everything has been negotiated with very little info released to the media it's pretty tough to know much about the rest so all we have to see is some of these sticking points the players are objecting to.  I expect they'll resolve it before the beginning of the new league year but not without more wrangling between them.