Redskins Excercise APs 2020 Club Option

THESKINSFAN21

On 2/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, offbyone said:

Agree.  So cheap, the only question would be why wouldn't we even if he was just going to be a backup.  If Guice and Love come out banging we can always trade Peterson to a contender before the deadline.  

You let them come on slowly.  We saw what rushing Guice back from knee injuries did to him both times.  Let them gradually get some touches.  Peterson should start the season running 20-plus times a game, and have that number halved by mid-season, to almost out of the gameplan by the end of the year.  Don't rush these guys.  

On 2/19/2020 at 2:56 PM, Doc Draper said:

Smart! I like what he’s doing. Would’ve loved getting Olsen, but understand he wants to try for a ring and we are a ways away from that. Any other good duel threat tight ends available for trade? 

Sadly I don't think so.  Teams are hoarding tight-ends now for the matchup problems they bring to the table.  Hooper is going to get overpaid in free agency, and after that, it's a lot of injury-prone guys on the market and then the draft.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sadly I don't think so.  Teams are hoarding tight-ends now for the matchup problems they bring to the table.  Hooper is going to get overpaid in free agency, and after that, it's a lot of injury-prone guys on the market and then the draft.  

Which is why we need to turn to the draft to get our "Hooper" or "Olsen".

These guys didn't just appear out of thin air. They were drafted at some point. Our scouts and Front Office need to do a better job at evaluating that position and get us some studs there.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:11 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Which is why we need to turn to the draft to get our "Hooper" or "Olsen".

These guys didn't just appear out of thin air. They were drafted at some point. Our scouts and Front Office need to do a better job at evaluating that position and get us some studs there.

I don’t think it hurts to do both. Sign Hooper or one of the other FA TEs and then draft one too. I’ve said all along that’s my plan to address the position. They need two TEs, so sign a vet and draft a young guy to develop.