Theerealdeal, Tomahawk, Kamtrus, TBD Communications thread

NudeTayne

Should @theerealdeal spend more in a better IP blocker?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Too sloppy

• Yes
    • No doi
    • 🤦‍♂️

Hey everyone. As we all know, the many-headed serpent that is @TheeRealDeal, @Tomahawk and a few others is living in exile, raising an army from the other side. He still manages to offer some great analysis and still plans to personally attack @pnies20 "when there time is right"--not sure what he means/cryptic.

In the mean time, I've decided to give him a soft ban lift and allow anyone to ask him whatever--ala the style of /r/askmeanything--via @LETSGOBROWNIES (who has seen the movie, "Flatliners" and is qualified to play medium).

Go ahead and post your (football?) question, no matter how scandalous, in here--he watches all of us--and @LETSGOBROWNIES will forward on his answer from the beyond.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

From TheeRealDeal/Kam for your enjoyment/consumption/praise/ridicule.....

I'm done watching film for the year. I believe there are 10 Top 40 talents at OT this year which is amazing considering how deficient the OT classes have been the last decade. 

Josh Jones showed out at the Senior Bowl. Obvious Top 40 talent but he scares me because the effort he showed at the Senior Bowl was non existent in film. The talent was on film but he was very lazy and often stopped in the middle of plays. You can do that in college because the play is typically by you early but in the NFL it is a dog fight from whistle to whistle. Does he have the mentality to do that every play? 

Ben Bartch was dynamite at the Senior Bowl. There is very little film on him. I have 1 game and the Senior Bowl so I am purely going off of Senior Bowl but the kid has elite feet for a LT. He moves well laterally as well which is perfect for our new scheme. He needs to add some bulk to his lower body and to get stronger, but what D3 kid doesn't? Look at the big jumps Ali Marpet and no Alex Cappa made in their respective year 2 from small school to NFL. Bartch has better tools than both.

Saahdiq Charles also declared since I emailed you about how great the OT class was. He is another Top 40 talent. Powerful anchor. Powerful punch and hands. Smooth feet. They are not elite quick but they are very smooth. He could easily fall into the 3rd round due to some off the field concerns but they are not major concerns(no violent crimes, no domestic abuse, no Gordon/Calloway habitual offending issues).

1. Jedrick Wills
2. Tristin Wirfs - Don't understand mind's hate for him as an OT. He has the athletic tools and the mean streak to play anywhere. Development is on coaching if he fails to succeed at OT.
3. Mekhi Becton - Absolute monster and rare peace of clay. Has serious technique deficiencies that could lead to him ultimately failing, but the tools and ability are elite. If he is half coachable he will succeed. He is a boom/bust prospect for sure, but his boom could easily be Jonathan Odgen/Walter Jones type of a boom.
4. Andrew Thomas - Doesn't exactly fit what our new scheme is going to be but he is still an elite level OT. Again don't understand why mind has such a deep hatred for this guy.
5. Robert Hunt - He is a mini Becton with a far more refined technique. He has the same power and aggressiveness as well as being a very large man as Becton but his hand placement, upper body control and footwork are far superior. I wouldn't say he is a safe prospect but in comparison to Becton his floor is much higher while his ceiling is lower. Same type of end product with Becton's potential being higher but Hunt's potential of hitting his potential higher.
6a. Ben Bartch - give the nod to him over Josh Jones do to more consistent fight and effort
6b. Josh Jones - Athletic with elite pass pro potential but has very little desire to move people in the run game. Would rather shield.
8. Isaiah Wilson - Another mountainous man who moves very well. Needs to play with better knee bend and less waist. Is still a force in run game. Might struggle with getting the edge in wide zone though.
9. Saahdiq Charles - above
10. Austin Jackson - elite athletically but too often too soft. Hand placement and punch timing is a mess. Effort is sometimes questionable. Lesser version of Josh Jones.

Those 10 guys are Top 40 talents IMO and I never even had time to watch deep into guys like Niang, Driscoll, Peart and Wanogho who all have some big fans in the scouting community from guys who know way better than I do. I also really liked what little I saw of Hakeem Adeniji but I think he moves inside.

No time to watch guards this year. Damien Lewis, Jonah Jackson, Netane Muti are all 3 stud that I was able to watch. Don't know how they compare to the field but I would call them all 3 Top 75 talents. Kevin Dotson was also a beast when watching Robert Hunt. His combine snub was the worst I've ever seen. He is a 5th rounder at worst. Cusheberry also had many beast moments when watching Charles and Lewis.

TE class is incredible weak at the top IMO. I love TEs. I think I mocked 2 to us in every mock I made for the last 2 offseason but you simply cannot force what is not there. Adam Trautman is the only Top 60 talent in the class IMO and if we cannot get him at pick 41 then we need to stay away from the position until the Seattle 3rd rounder at the earliest.

Adam Trautman 2nd - Elite outside zone blocker so his value may even be higher to Browns than some other clubs.
Brycen Hopkins 2nd/3rd
Josiah Deguara 3rd - Love him as a move piece. Very good blocker. High effort guy. Poor mans Kyle Juszczyk as a FB/Blocker but a better Receiving TE.
Cole Kmet 3rd - Overrated blocker. Actually not very good. Being white must has got him that stereotype because I was far from impressed.
Colby Parkinson 3rd/4th
Hunter Byrant 3rd/4th - Terrible blocker. Zero desire to even try. His talents and abilities would basically replace Kareem Hunt. 
Stephen Sullivan 3rd/4th - Absolutely love this guy as a diamond in the rough. Former WR but blocks like he had a HS oline background.
Jacob Breeland 3rd/4th
Devin Asiasi 4th Round
Albert Okwuegbunam 4th Round
Jared Pinkney 5th Round
Thaddeus Moss 5th Round - Incredibly overrated. At least he was in the weeks after the natty. Seeing 2nd and 3rd??? Athletically deficient.
Harrison Bryant 5th Round - Absolute abomination as a blocker.
Charlie Taumoepeau 6th Round
Mitchell Wilcox 6th Round
Dalton Keene 6th/7th

Haven't even had time to look at other positions this year. So I don't think I could even do a mock draft. 3 guy who did catch my eye were Jacob Eason. No idea why but every time I see him I think he's going to make a very good QB. Again can't explain it just what I see. Trevis Gipson popped when watching OL against him. Don't know much but he stood out. Cole McDonald I wouldn't mind the Browns drafting at all. Has issues but his arm talent and athletic ability are the things you gamble on especially at QB when you have no need to force the kid into action. 

Great analysis. Now give us the other positions.

35 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said: