Breaking Down the new CBA: Changes to Playoff Structure for 2020 and more

jetskid007

I like this idea. Makes wild card weekend more fun. Personally wouldnt even mind 8 with no bye for any team, maybe just give teams an extra BYE before the playoffs start so SB is Presidents Day weekend but I like this idea overall. 

On Jamal, he tweets his emotions like a junior HS girl. I am scared hes going to be an issue going forward even after he gets paid. I hope I am wrong though.

The thing to keep in mind when you’re reading the CBA is not the JJ Watt’s and Richard Sherman’s of the world who have made tens of millions of dollars, its most significant for the lower-tier/mid-tier players. Changes to the practice squad system and pay increases are a HUGE deal. It’s things like this that won’t get noticed, but are significant wins for everyone involved. 

The one thing I didn’t see in the fact sheet is how they would address things like the franchise tag, but it’s my understanding that the NFLPA will seek to make changes in order to appease the “top 1%” of elite NFL players who are at risk of being exposed to it, that includes no longer allowing for more than one player to be tagged in a single offseason.

13 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Looking like weed for all intents and purposes will be "legalized" as well. Kept the ability to fine in there, but they probably had to keep some sort of penalty enforcement to meet contractual obligations with existing sponsors. For all intents and purposes, it’s essentially just punitive in the form of fines if a player gets caught

I heard on PFTalk that the annual testing will be during a 5 week period in the summer. Also, the amount in their system needed to penalize the player will be will be greatly increased 

I never fault people for going after money. Money is important for life and players absolutely should seek their value. My problem is losers like Wilkerson  or Revis (2nd Jets run) who get paid then pack it in .  Adams is a young guy who speaks his mind, he works hard and plays hard. He definitely is going to deserve top dollar. I see no issue in him wanting to be paid because its a business and their careers. 

• Like 2