Redskins vs. Rams - Snap Counts

turtle28

18 minutes ago, Woz said:

Sorry @Jlash, no playing time for Rouiller this week.

I would not have guessed Vernon Davis as the leader amongst the non-QB/non-OL set to have had the most snaps on offense.

That's a shame. Get that stud on the field. He played guard for 3 years in college put him in place of that bum Lauvao.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

That's a shame. Get that stud on the field. He played guard for 3 years in college put him in place of that bum Lauvao.

Lauvao's a bit of a cockroach. You don't want him, but you cannot get rid of him.

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Lauvao blocked two Ram defenders on the play where Thompson had the 61-yard TD run. Lauvao isn't great at pass protection but he's always been pretty solid in the run game.

Yesterday not withstanding, this offense runs primarily through the pass. Having a good run blocker but shaky pass protector is a major problem. Case in point was on the TD run by Thompson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BayOEyNca4Q&start=60 (stupid NFL DRM won't let me embed this directly)

Lauvao completely whiffs on the block and almost causes a fumble because the defensive lineman slices through. That's a fricking pitch play that almost got snuffed because Lauvao couldn't hold a block for half a second.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Laveou played well overall that pass protection was good to .

Note that we are talking about this like it is not the norm.

That is not what you want from a starting offensive guard.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Yesterday not withstanding, this offense runs primarily through the pass. Having a good run blocker but shaky pass protector is a major problem. Case in point was on the TD run by Thompson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BayOEyNca4Q&start=60 (stupid NFL DRM won't let me embed this directly)

Lauvao completely whiffs on the block and almost causes a fumble because the defensive lineman slices through. That's a fricking pitch play that almost got snuffed because Lauvao couldn't hold a block for half a second.

Note that we are talking about this like it is not the norm.

That is not what you want from a starting offensive guard.

I'm fine with replacing him for a good prospect but right now he's our best run blocker and when we run the ball he will be important .

still a myth in 2015 when he got injured our running game suddenly sucked 

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I'm fine with replacing him for a good prospect but right now he's our best run blocker and when we run the ball he will be important .

still a myth in 2015 when he got injured our running game suddenly sucked 

Agree with the last sentence but not the first, he's better at run blocking than pass blocking but he's not our best run blocker. TWill & Scherff are miles better than the rest of our OL at run blocking.

Archived