Everson Griffin Voids Final 3 Years of Deal

The Gnat

I hope the Seahawks sign him. We have a black hole at DE and he's still a pretty good player. Not sure if he would leave Minny and definitely not sure he'll get a bigger contract than the one he just voided. Not sure I understand the move from his perspective

Edited by MagicMT

19 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

I hope the Seahawks sign him. We have a black hole at DE and he's still a pretty good player. Not sure if he would leave Minny and definitely not sure he'll get a bigger contract than the one he just voided. Not sure I understand the move from his perspective

Guaranteed money has to be the deciding factor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, perrynoid said:

His reasoning might be, why wait to get cut?  If he voids the contract now, he at least gets to shop himself to other teams, well before the draft and other free agents hit the market.  In other words, he is a little more in control of his destiny this way, I think.

Griffen could’ve shopped himself if he were cut too. He wouldn’t have had to wait for FA. 

But I agree with your point. I’m sure he had a feeling/heard whispers that he was going to get cut - so why wait? Griffen was never going to see the end of the deal and the market has gone up since he signed it. Might as well look around, might as well be on your own time.

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

This was always going to happen.

Getting rid of Rhodes, Rudolph, and Joseph would also save a ton of money. Frankly Rudolph should probably not have been retained in the first place.

I think Rudolph is a big part of the leadership on the Vikings and they'd lose a lot by letting him go. He's still a threat in the red zone as proven by the playoff game.

Griffen is kind of the same way. The defense list a lot when he left with his mental issues

• Like 1