Everson Griffin Voids Final 3 Years of Deal

The Gnat

I hate the idea of trading Diggs just one to need to draft one early. The savings is only $6 million in 2020. The Vikes only have Thielen at WR, no one else on the roster showed that they can start. While the Vikes do run a two TE heavy offense, which lessens the needs for a WR, he Vikes still need at least two good ones. I think the Vikes end up throwing some more money towards Diggs.

Cutting Reiff and Rhodes would save around $20 million, to go with the current $16m or so they have after Griffen opted out. $36 million is still tight but at least they can look at bringing in some free agents.

Edited by vikingsrule

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I hate the idea of trading Diggs just one to need to draft one early. The savings is only $6 million in 2020. The Vikes only have Thielen at WR, no one else on the roster showed that they can start. While the Vikes do run a two TE heavy offense, which lessens the needs for a WR, he Vikes still need at least two good ones. I think the Vikes end up throwing some more money towards Diggs.

Cutting Reiff and Rhodes would save around $20 million, to go with the current $16m or so they have after Griffen opted out. $36 million is still tight but at least they can look at bringing in some free agents.

They don't have $16M with Griffen opting out. They have just under $1.4M

25 minutes ago, Boda said:

That 1.4M is before the raise of the cap though right? So in reality they'll have around 10-11M in space without any other moves

Not as far as I understand it. The cap this year is going to be between 196.8M and 201.2M this year from the latest report. 

the Vikings have around 199.6M in cap liabilities currently for this year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Lets not turn this into another Diggs thread.

True, but he did delete all the Vikings content from his instagram....  that seems a little odd because it is.  Just stating the facts he could easily be traded, and I am saying he could be replaced by a decent rookie if they pick the right one, and they have more than a few to pick from.

Great player sure but his attitude has to go.  

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True, but he did delete all the Vikings content from his instagram....  that seems a little odd because it is.  Just stating the facts he could easily be traded, and I am saying he could be replaced by a decent rookie if they pick the right one, and they have more than a few to pick from.

Great player sure but his attitude has to go.  

This is an odd take. Everything I've heard/read/saw is Diggs is a great locker room guy.  Its the fans who are overreacting to his IG account.  He also deleted a bunch of pics of his daughter, do you & everyone else whos blowing this out of proportion keep that same energy with his child?

21 minutes ago, Boda said:

This is an odd take. Everything I've heard/read/saw is Diggs is a great locker room guy.  Its the fans who are overreacting to his IG account.  He also deleted a bunch of pics of his daughter, do you & everyone else whos blowing this out of proportion keep that same energy with his child?

If they Vikings could get one if not two first round picks for him I would do that all freaking day long.  Sure it might be overblow the social media stuff but it is odd, and he is a distraction on the sidelines and was more than once this past season and he seems to be getting worse and worse in terms of his losing control on the sideline.  

"I think the Vikings could easily get a first-round pick, possibly even two in some contexts. Just one first round pick would likely have to be paired with a pretty big name from the opposing team if the trade was to be worth it for the Vikings.  And Minnesota could very well need a cornerback next season."

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/21/lets-say-the-vikings-trade-stefon-diggs-heres-what-they-might-get/

Hows knows if it happens but if it does and we get that much for him I would be all over it.  Lamb and Jeudy could do what Diggs does on the field no question, and Ruggs III possibly could be that deep threat no doubt about it, same with Jalen Reagor or Lynn Bowden.  Or Higgins/Shenault would give much needed size to the position and Justin Jefferson has fine route running ability and hands.  

The guy overreacts on the sidelines, complains when he does not get the ball and like I have said for awhile, he is not a Hall of Fame WR like say Randy Moss.  So he is not good enough honestly to have the attitude that he does.  And the daughter pics being deleted I think is just common sense in general for any athlete, the social media is all about him and his damn wardrobe or whatever, why bring his daughter into that...  Maybe the purple of the Vikings make his outfits look bad, who knows, maybe that is why he took them off.  

• 4 weeks later...