Sign in to follow this  
The Gnat

Everson Griffin Voids Final 3 Years of Deal

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Has anyone heard any news about Everson signing with another team or even being in talks with anyone?  If he doesn't have any interest on the open market, it makes one wonder why he wanted to leave the Vikings.  It seems like there is a trend starting with our losing so many defensive players. 

The trend is we have no money and there just haven’t been priority players to resign. They’d be resigned if they were a priority. I’m still holding out hope that the Vikes and Griffen can find a way to come to an agreement.

Edited by vikingsrule

It always sounded like he wanted to come back. I figured the Vikings weren't offering what other teams were talking about

13 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

It always sounded like he wanted to come back. I figured the Vikings weren't offering what other teams were talking about

And with all the other moves they've made, they just don't have sufficient money to satisfy Griffen.  While he was likely willing to take a paycut, he was only thinking it's be a scissor cut, not a hatchet.  

I’m not that worried about losing Griffen. I feel the angst over losing him is centered more around sentimental reasons than practical reasons. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not that worried about losing Griffen. I feel the angst over losing him is centered more around sentimental reasons than practical reasons. 

Not really. My concern over losing him is the fact that the DE depth on this team is brutally bad. We’ve got one elite one in Hunter and a big unknown in Odinigbo. Can he play RE in base? After that, undrafted practice squad level players.

At least with Griffen, he can start and keep Odinigbo fresh or you put Griffen in more of a reserved role as DE3.

Edited by vikingsrule

40 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not really. My concern over losing him is the fact that the DE depth on this team is brutally bad. We’ve got one elite one in Hunter and a big unknown in Odinigbo. Can he play RE in base? After that, undrafted practice squad level players.

At least with Griffen, he can start and keep Odinigbo fresh or you put Griffen in more of a reserved role as DE3.

I agree.  Also bumps up DE on the needs with CB, DT, OL, WR.