Everson Griffin Voids Final 3 Years of Deal

The Gnat

55 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Last ditch effort to find some cash to make a final offer to Griffen? Talks with Griffen supposedly ended Friday afternoon and this renegotiated deal happened in the evening. Who knows. 

Still so many needs everywhere.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

I really hope we gave hunter more money down the road, he definitely deserves it.

Man this off season has a been a poop show. Asking your young stud edge rusher for a pay cut *when he’s already well outperforming his deal* just looks so bad. Like hunter signed it but this is the kind of move that usually doesn’t sit well with players.

18 minutes ago, whitehops said:

I really hope we gave hunter more money down the road, he definitely deserves it.

Man this off season has a been a poop show. Asking your young stud edge rusher for a pay cut *when he’s already well outperforming his deal* just looks so bad. Like hunter signed it but this is the kind of move that usually doesn’t sit well with players.

It wouldn't be a pay cut. It would be converting base salary into signing bonus I believe.

Edited by vikestyle
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, whitehops said:

It doesn't say anything about a pay cut

2 minutes ago, whitehops said:

true, still not ideal to ask about changing a deal so early into it.

True. It's common practice amongst contending teams, but if we stop being contenders we're going to see players not as excited to help the team out with their contracts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RpMc said:

The only thing that's changed in restructures like this is that he's getting more of his money up front.

I think that's right, and if it is, it should be something that the player would welcome.  Everyone would rather have their money sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RpMc said:

The only thing that's changed in restructures like this is that he's getting more of his money up front.

yeah you're right. i was surprised to see that the vikings don't need consent to do this, they just like call or email the agent and tell them it's happening lol.

Has anyone heard any news about Everson signing with another team or even being in talks with anyone?  If he doesn't have any interest on the open market, it makes one wonder why he wanted to leave the Vikings.  It seems like there is a trend starting with our losing so many defensive players.