The 2020 NFL Combine Thread

WindyCity

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Tony Pauline

“THEY WILL BE LOOKING HARD AT THE TIGHT ENDS AND SPEED RECEIVERS. THE BEARS WILL ALSO CLOSELY MONITOR THE DEFENSIVE BACKS. I WOULD SUSPECT LINEBACKERS WILL BE FOCUSED ON AS WELL AS THEY MAY LOSE SOME VETERANS TO FREE AGENCY.” 

Nothing earth shattering here IMO but if true I’m glad to see the team recognizes the need for a true speed threat at WR more than the media seems to see. By and large the media has WR as a secondary or tertiary need on offense and I don’t think that’s the case at all. I have been and will continue to go to the mat for Aiyuk or Reagor at 43. It’s that high on the list for me. 

Astonished Offensive Line wasn't mentioned as well in that, tbh....

I get TEs and Speedier WRs.... but I thought the OL/ blocking in general was the biggest disappointment of the season last year.

I can also see a sneaky "need" at a late round RB, though I can't really predict what kind they'll go for....  Between a goal line "bruiser" type and a more dynamic open space guy like the memphis hybrid wr/rb

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

Astonished Offensive Line wasn't mentioned as well in that, tbh....

I get TEs and Speedier WRs.... but I thought the OL/ blocking in general was the biggest disappointment of the season last year.

I can also see a sneaky "need" at a late round RB, though I can't really predict what kind they'll go for....  Between a goal line "bruiser" type and a more dynamic open space guy like the memphis hybrid wr/rb

I think they need a legit backup RB. I expect some pretty good vets to be available later on in the offseason who can fill that role because of the amount of top end FA RB and immediate starting caliber RBs in the draft. My money is on one of those, and maybe a traits guy like Kerrith Whyte at the end of the draft. Shame we let him get away for nothing so quickly... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

Haven't dug into the draft prospects much lately with the new job... who are some legit burners you all like that could be around at #43 for us?

I've looked at Reagor a bit... kid can ******* fly.

Reagor

Mims

Aiyuk

Those are the 2nd round big play guys I want to watch.

Sounds like there should be first round talent available there... won't shock me to see Gabriel cut and a speed WR taken at #43.

Curious to see what happens at 50... trade down? TE? OLB? OG? Too many needs right now... free agency can't get here soon enough

@WindyCitywhere are we on the board donations to the charity of your choice to get you to change that sig of yours. I'm convinced it's bad luck, and this goes back to the Trestman sig days as well. You have the power to fix all of this, damnit!

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Sounds like there should be first round talent available there... won't shock me to see Gabriel cut and a speed WR taken at #43.

Curious to see what happens at 50... trade down? TE? OLB? OG? Too many needs right now... free agency can't get here soon enough

@WindyCitywhere are we on the board donations to the charity of your choice to get you to change that sig of yours. I'm convinced it's bad luck, and this goes back to the Trestman sig days as well. You have the power to fix all of this, damnit!

Being honest I kinda wanna see him change it to a shot of Shaheen injured on the ground... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Reagor

Mims

Aiyuk

Those are the 2nd round big play guys I want to watch.

I like Mims but he doesn’t have the same game breaking speed as the other two which makes him less appealing to me. That said, I think he’s a good prospect and would be a good addition. His lack of burner speed hasn’t limited his ability to be a threat down the field. 

12 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I like Mims but he doesn’t have the same game breaking speed as the other two which makes him less appealing to me. That said, I think he’s a good prospect and would be a good addition. His lack of burner speed hasn’t limited his ability to be a threat down the field. 

He is going to run fast. He is a former sprinter.