Kevin King Time?

TheOnlyThing

8 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

Problem with this is, of course they will look good against the Bengals, because everyone looks good against the Bengals right now...but the next elite offense we play will burn them again. I'm starting House and King on the outside, Rollins in the slot, and working Hawkins in a little to see what you've got with him. Move Randall to safety and see if he can be any more effective there. 

I just think its premature to move on from Randall or Rollins at corner. That's high draft capital at a premium position. Its not like they haven't looked good at times either but they really need to figure it out soon. 

1 hour ago, fattlipp said:

Yeah Hayward for 5-6m/yr would be the perfect slot guy, not sure why we let him walk....Guess they incorrectly thought they had something in Randall/Rollins/Gunter

Rollins was borderline elite in the slot his rookie year. He allowed a 58.4 passer rating per PFF. Randall was also very good his rookie year. It's easy to second guess letting Hayward go with the benefit of hindsight, but there was no reason to think that Shields, Randall, Rollins, Hyde wouldn't be a good CB group in 2016. 

5 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

AJ Green is pretty good.   If Lewis has a brain they will do everything in their power to get him matched up on R&R like Jones was.

Yup I would too. They took the film and adjusted from game 1 last year. Gunter was physical on Julio outside and had help over the top and he was neutralized. Then the moved Julio to the slot and just ran crossers with him all day long, big win for them. Dom came back with multiple plays where the DB covered the inside shade of Julio and a S had outside shade. HHCD and Brice just blew it multiple times. 

If I was Cincy I'd do the same thing with Green, keep running crossers until our DBs show they can figure it out.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup I would too. They took the film and adjusted from game 1 last year. Gunter was physical on Julio outside and had help over the top and he was neutralized. Then the moved Julio to the slot and just ran crossers with him all day long, big win for them. Dom came back with multiple plays where the DB covered the inside shade of Julio and a S had outside shade. HHCD and Brice just blew it multiple times. 

If I was Cincy I'd do the same thing with Green, keep running crossers until our DBs show they can figure it out.

Work King inside at practice this week? 

41 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

Problem with this is, of course they will look good against the Bengals, because everyone looks good against the Bengals right now...but the next elite offense we play will burn them again.

Do we play another elite offense?  The Lions can be really good and maybe New Orleans but I don't see any offense that is elite.  

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

And we had elite shields at the time. There was good reason to let him walk. If neither Randall or Rollins work out it looks bad. Hindsight is 50/50

We're a draft and develop team. Why draft a good player to let him walk after 4 years. I get it when a guy prices himself out but i don't think he did. Heyward was no DJones type, he played well, tackled well and seems to be around the ball allot. He was worth ever penny that San Diego gave to him. I get that we didn't want to pay for a slot guy but considering the ongoing threads about our D maybe we should have.

45 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Work King inside at practice this week? 

I want to see the ATL film before I blame those two. Like the Jones 34 yarder on the first drive is all on Brice. They run the exact same crosser that Baldwin ran on us for a 40 yard gain (thanks Mac for letting this get on film for no reason) the week prior. Jones plays Baldwin's spot, but the PA off of it and Brice runs right up to the LOS fooled. You can tell by his leverage and how he opens his hips that Randall is responsible for the backside of the field and Brice the front side. They run Sanu deep to run House and HHCD off and Jones is wide open once he clears Sanu. That's all on Brice. Once the coaches film comes out I can look at more closely.

I can tell you I highly doubt that Rollins or Randall weren't given plus grades vs Seattle. They were totally fine. Both ran deep with Richardson (in the 4.3s at the Combine) without issue.

The Darboh play where he catches the ball and 3 DBs hit him out of bounds on the goaline will make you drool if you watch King. They run a wheel/post concept. King is on the post, somehow sees Wilson release the ball to the wheel, flips the totally opposite direction, tracks Darboh, closes and makes the final hit that forces him out. Just beautiful.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Randall looked good.  Rollins less so, but with fewer targets.  And then Rollins was benched vs Atlanta.

I watched the whole game twice on coaches film, Rollins had the better game to me, don't see what plays would cause Rollins a negative grade. He had a few where he was late, but he made some great open field stops as well as solid in coverage.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I want to see the ATL film before I blame those two. Like the Jones 34 yarder on the first drive is all on Brice. They run the exact same crosser that Baldwin ran on us for a 40 yard gain (thanks Mac for letting this get on film for no reason) the week prior. Jones plays Baldwin's spot, but the PA off of it and Brice runs right up to the LOS fooled. You can tell by his leverage and how he opens his hips that Randall is responsible for the backside of the field and Brice the front side. They run Sanu deep to run House and HHCD off and Jones is wide open once he clears Sanu. That's all on Brice. Once the coaches film comes out I can look at more closely.

I can tell you I highly doubt that Rollins or Randall weren't given plus grades vs Seattle. They were totally fine. Both ran deep with Richardson (in the 4.3s at the Combine) without issue.

The Darboh play where he catches the ball and 3 DBs hit him out of bounds on the goaline will make you drool if you watch King. They run a wheel/post concept. King is on the post, somehow sees Wilson release the ball to the wheel, flips the totally opposite direction, tracks Darboh, closes and makes the final hit that forces him out. Just beautiful.

Tag me with your thoughts after you watch it if you would and you are going to post them obviously. I'm way too lazy/busy these days but I wanna hear what you see.

Archived