Proposed new CBA would reduce positive THC test punishment; no more bans strictly for smoking weed

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You might be right if Im being honest I don't know I don't smoke pot

I'm 100% right. It's mathematically impossible. Even if you knew the half life in the specific subject (which you don't), the dose amount and the dose time are both complete unknowns.

That gives you 1 known variable (concentration) and 2 unknown variables. Can't solve something with more unknowns than knowns.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

20 hours ago, MagicMT said:

This is great news. Suspending players for smoking weed was ridiculous. 
And from what players are saying a lot of them were smoking anyway. 
Can't wait to see players lighting some doobies in the Pro Bowl. 
Image result for smoking weed gif

Ya, not sure that would work out as I highly doubt the NFL would want to be associated with smoking weed. Still illegal federally and in many states (although Hawaii did just decriminalize it). Just because the NFL wont ban you anymore doesn't mean they still wont get in trouble with law enforcement.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

But wouldn't this scenario be eliminated with the removal of the rule?

I can agree with this - Josh Gordon was/is a very extreme case, and this wouldn't make all of those issues vanish.

My argument is regarding Gordon and Gregory. Their problem isn’t pot...it’s their brains...which cause them to make poor decisions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

The interesting part of this? If someone is functional while under the influence, they're probably operating just fine right now with current rules in place.

Like Pat McAfee traveling with the Colts all over the world with a pocket full of THC gummies (also known as "Vitamins").

Sounded like many of his teammates and coaches knew that was his standard operating procedure and left him alone about it. 

• Like 1