Jump to content
warsawian

Chris Jones - Free Agent

Recommended Posts

I still just can't imagine we'd get anywhere near that high of a draft pick for Chris Jones. Would be real nice though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah..  I think this trade actually hurts us.  
 

Jones definitely getting more than that,   And I don’t see any team pay more in draft capital knowing we won’t be paying Jones that.  But over here hoping someone tops it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think AZ and Miami might do a 1st and 3rd.  If we can snag that deal we trade back a bit and get more picks could be a dream scenario.

Edited by valkrei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not take #12. I think valkrei has the right idea, a top 10 plus a 3rd. Miami has #5, so maybe even or even change back. If Jones were in this draft he would go #2 or #3, but the contract is also a factor which must be weighed.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I would not take #12. I think valkrei has the right idea, a top 10 plus a 3rd. Miami has #5, so maybe even or even change back. If Jones were in this draft he would go #2 or #3, but the contract is also a factor which must be weighed.

J

No way they'd give up #5. I'd look at taking #18 + #39 this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

No way they'd give up #5. I'd look at taking #18 + #39 this year.

18 and 39 would be solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Yeah..  I think this trade actually hurts us.  
 

Jones definitely getting more than that,   And I don’t see any team pay more in draft capital knowing we won’t be paying Jones that.  But over here hoping someone tops it 

I agree. I think it hurts us too. Im not sure which teams even have the cap space, capital and motivation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts overpaid for Buckner, we can't expect for another team to do the same for Jones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warsawian said:

The Colts overpaid for Buckner, we can't expect for another team to do the same for Jones. 

In terms of compensation, you're right. But, Jones is going to want that contract or more. Thats a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, kempus said:

In terms of compensation, you're right. But, Jones is going to want that contract or more. Thats a problem.

Yes in terms of compensation.  I think Jones will ask for about $23-25M a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, valkrei said:

18 and 39 would be solid.

On closer consideration, still not enough. You need #18 and #26. You could tweak it by adding #32 for #39. That would be Chris Jones and #32 for #18, #26, #39. Or you could go #18, #39, #70.

With Miami, I would offer #32 for #39, #153, #154, #251. That's not enough by the trade chart, but the Phins have a lot of picks and the 5th is a good place to take projects and specialists. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 49ers signed DeForest Buckner to a five year, $108 MM contract and traded him to Indy  for #13.

Jones is worth at least that, so maybe #18 and #39 after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

The 49ers signed DeForest Buckner to a five year, $108 MM contract and traded him to Indy  for #13.

Jones is worth at least that, so maybe #18 and #39 after all.

Dont get your hopes up. I cant see us getting a return anything like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kempus said:

Dont get your hopes up. I cant see us getting a return anything like that.

My hopes were higher, because Jones is a better player than Buckner. 

J

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

My hopes were higher, because Jones is a better player than Buckner. 

J

 

 

Unfortunatley, thats not exactly how it works. The Colts overpaying doesnt mean other teams will overpay for Jones. There are few suitors left with the cap and assets. Teams also know we have no leverage with Jones. Highly doubtful he would play on the tag and we cant in any way afford a Buckner sized contract. Hence why I feel like that trade hurt us a lot more than it helped. 

Realistically, what teams have cap left who could be interested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×