Aaron Rodgers vs Deshaun Watson vs Drew Brees

Archimedes

37 minutes ago, Elky said:

Rodgers kind of sucks now, so probably Brees > Watson > Rodgers

You'd take a weak armed Brees over Watson?  I think highly of Brees but I'd want Watson over him presently.   I'd take Rodgers over Brees only because Rodgers is younger.  Packers fans are hoping AR will be better with a full year in this new offense under his belt in 2020.

Player

Watson, rodgers, brees. 

Coach

Payton, lafleur, bb

Teams

Saints, Packers, Texans . 

Overall

Team coach, and player summation,  for most likely to go to a afc/nfc championship game next year.

Saints, Packers, Houston. 

I expect all three to male the playoffs, unless thr Colts get a very good QB. 

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 - Watson - He has more left to learn, but he is physically so far superior to the other two that I'll put up with the lack of experience.

2a. - Brees - How much arm strength does he have left?  It could turn into a noodle completely at any time, but if he can last another season he's the pick between these two.  It's a close comparison, however.
2b. - Rodgers - He has the better arm at this point, but his unwillingness to use it makes the point almost moot.  Good thing is he doesn't throw INT's.  Bad thing is that his fear of doing so is causing him to miss out on more and more opportunities to move the ball and score.   

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Only in the world of footballsfuture does 26 TD 4 interceptions and an NFC championship game appearance mean you’re washed. 

Those numbers sound a LOT better than the reality of his play on the field last year.  The NFC Championship appearance could be discussed as well, but the Packers did get there so I'm not going to push the narrative that they didn't deserve to be there.  If they are that weak of a team, beat them and your team will go to the NFCCG instead of them. 

Watson > Brees = Rodgers

I think that both Brees and Rodgers are trending down. Both are still very functional QBs but their best football is behind them. It's interesting because Rodgers is younger than Brees, but I still think that we can expect to get most QBs decline before age 38. Brees and Brady are freaks. Brees's deep passing game isn't there anymore, but he has continued to be elite at short and intermediate passes (having CGM and Kamara definitely helps). I think that Rodger's game will be more dependent on arm strength going forward...which is probably going to expedite the decline compared to guys like Brady and Brees (along with Rodgers have a more significant injury history).