NFLPA Fact Sheet on new CBA (UPDATED WITH FULL CBA 3/5)

scar988

On 2/24/2020 at 10:00 AM, MWil23 said:

Lots of hot takes at us for our vision insurance takes.

Also, kudos to the NFLPA for insisting on getting life insurance. I was offered that perk as a 10 year old on my paper route. (I'm serious)

10 year old with a paper route is 10 times more dangerous than playing in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

10 year old with a paper route is 10 times more dangerous than playing in the NFL.

As a 10 year old who had a paper route, I can assure you that I was given complimentary life insurance for our local suburban newspaper. I'm 100% serious.

The owners gave out enough for the masses of rank&file that they can throw in stuff that hurts the stars.  There is no reason all the lowbie players would not vote for this and their are not enough stars to stop it going through.

14 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The owners gave out enough for the masses of rank&file that they can throw in stuff that hurts the stars.  There is no reason all the lowbie players would not vote for this and their are not enough stars to stop it going through.

Indeed.
Quite the strategic move...
And I read today that NFLPA "membership" (so far as voting goes) just means you are paying dues, not that you're actually on a team right now
So that swells the ranks of low-end and fringe players and likely pushes the vote toward approval.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Players aren't getting enough.

They never are. Owners always bate the "working class" players into going into these deals because it's a slightly better immediate gain but a terrible long term contract. 

Players need a freaking strike fund, it is insane to me that they apparently don't have one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

They never are. Owners always bate the "working class" players into going into these deals because it's a slightly better immediate gain but a terrible long term contract. 

Players need a freaking strike fund, it is insane to me that they apparently don't have one.

The Steeler Reps are putting a strike fund together for their team.  Not sure if it will matter.  I think the rank&file pass this.

27 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

back of the envelope calculation:
You'd need at least $200,000,000 to pay 2000 players a $100k salary for the year of sitting out.

The players should go to Warren Buffet and offer him a 10% return on a loan and see if he'd go for it
Peyton and Eli Manning together could fund that loan too, they've combined for over $500M in earnings

18 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Indeed.
Quite the strategic move...
And I read today that NFLPA "membership" (so far as voting goes) just means you are paying dues, not that you're actually on a team right now
So that swells the ranks of low-end and fringe players and likely pushes the vote toward approval.

as they should, because its a good deal for the majority of the players. theres even guys who have been PAID coming out and saying its a good deal for most players.