NFLPA Fact Sheet on new CBA (UPDATED WITH FULL CBA 3/5)

scar988

On 3/5/2020 at 5:19 PM, Shanedorf said:

Indeed.
Quite the strategic move...
And I read today that NFLPA "membership" (so far as voting goes) just means you are paying dues, not that you're actually on a team right now
So that swells the ranks of low-end and fringe players and likely pushes the vote toward approval.

also... was it a strategic move by the NFL? Its been stated numerous times that the NFLPA wanted to really work towards a deal that would help the "core" (i.e. minimum paid) players. Seems like the PA fot the deal they wanted.

And Aaron Rodgers comments today were.... not good. A guy whose made about a 1/4 billy from the nfl alone is saying to guys who make peanuts compared to him that money shouldnt really matter here. Not only that, he claims he voted no on the deal base on conversations with teammates and then complains about not hearing back from anyone. its absolutely selfish on his part to turn his back on younger players. ill go the @Thelonebillsfan route and  be overdramatic and doom and gloom and even go so far as to call it evil.

3 hours ago, August4th said:

A better deal? Goodness, is that possible?

I expect the league to expand to 250 games a season, with players getting $5.25 a game with no benefits. It'll be more lucrative for players to drive Uber instead of playing...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

A better deal? Goodness, is that possible?

I expect the league to expand to 250 games a season, with players getting $5.25 a game with no benefits. It'll be more lucrative for players to drive Uber instead of playing...

It's just an attempt by the owners to convince the players to sign it. 

In Jerry Jones' head, it's going to go something like: 

Owners: "We're upset that the deal that we offered was too good. If they don't sign it we're going to push for _______"

Players: "Well oh **** guys, there's infighting among the owners about how good this deal is. We should hurry up and sign it"

• Like 1

The CBA vote got extended 1 week.   The NFLPA is also voting for the president and executive succession as their term is almost up.    Now Okung who’s a strong opponent of the CBA filing an injunction against the NFLPA.  

Unless it’s about the vote not including him logic says the vote didn’t pass the CBA - otherwise you’d think the outgoing Exec (who narrowly supported it) would have rubberstamped a yes vote.  

Then again I’m assuming the NFLPA is thinking logically.  Who knows.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

logic says the vote didn’t pass the CBA - otherwise you’d think the outgoing Exec (who narrowly supported it) would have rubberstamped a yes vote.  

I'm guessing the vote is really really close, a couple of hanging chads away from a win for either side...so they extended it
Curious to know if they are allowed to change their votes or if its final once you pull the handle

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm guessing the vote is really really close, a couple of hanging chads away from a win for either side...so they extended it
Curious to know if they are allowed to change their votes or if its final once you pull the handle

That’s what I’d have thought in a vacuum but Okung being anti-CBA and suing tells me it went against passing.  

Edited by Broncofan