New CBA

dll2000

The NFLPA's board of player representatives has voted to send ownership's proposed collective bargaining agreement to the entire membership for a vote.

The sides met for four hours Tuesday before the player reps broke off for a meeting of their own. Whatever differences remain were apparently settled, as the NFLPA board would not be sending the proposal to the entire player pool unless it hoped/expected it would pass. A simple majority is all that's required. Approval would mean a 17th regular season game and an expanded postseason no earlier than 2021, amongst many other changes. Owners reportedly Owners agreed to eliminate the $250,000 cap on earnings for 17th game

This is encouraging news.  Hopefully the new CBA gets ratified before FA starts this year which would give us a clearer picture of the cap implications going forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

This is encouraging news.  Hopefully the new CBA gets ratified before FA starts this year which would give us a clearer picture of the cap implications going forward.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Owners reportedly Owners agreed to eliminate the $250,000 cap on earnings for 17th game

As expected.  It was only there a chip to used to prod the players to at least vote.  There was no way it would ever make it to the final draft and they knew it.  My guess is they also feel pretty confident they know the NFLPA has the votes they need for passage.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I have an,  uh, "friend", that likes to throw in certain insane numbers into a contract every now and then for really unlikely ancillary spends,  just to toss up a target to get removed.

Not exactly an uncommon negotiating ploy is it?  Ask for the impossible (I want delivery yesterday) and settle for the prior unlikely (but I'll settle for delivery tomorrow).   LOL

Guess it worked.  The Exec Committee sent it the the players for a vote.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:35 PM, RunningVaccs said:

I have an,  uh, "friend", that likes to throw in certain insane numbers into a contract every now and then for really unlikely ancillary spends,  just to toss up a target to get removed.

The term commonly used in my industry is anchoring offer. A party asks for everything (or offers nearly nothing if you’re on the other end of the negotiation) to try to set expectations for their ultimate desired outcome. Built in points to be conceded are almost always present. In most negotiations if the first offer is accepted then either the party making it grossly overestimated the desires of the other side, or the party on the receiving end of the offer had so little leverage they had no choice but to accept it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...