Vic Beasley out with slight hamstring tear

BladeKor

41 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Sucks for Atlanta. Isn't he the majority of their pass rush? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Not anywhere close. The Falcons were able to get a sack and 4 hits after he went down. I'm sure the pass rush will still be there.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Not anywhere close. The Falcons were able to get a sack and 4 hits after he went down. I'm sure the pass rush will still be there.

Generally happens when the other team is missing there two starting tackles and one back up tackle. I actually didn't think their pass rush was all that consistent considering the pressure I thought would be on Rodgers all night. 

8 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Generally happens when the other team is missing there two starting tackles and one back up tackle. I actually didn't think their pass rush was all that consistent considering the pressure I thought would be on Rodgers all night. 

They were getting more interior pressure than exterior pressure. But ok. Let's continue with this narrative that it's all on Beasley.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

They were getting more interior pressure than exterior pressure. But ok. Let's continue with this narrative that it's all on Beasley.

Until a team has a week to game plan for no Beasley, you have no idea what the effect will be. We saw this same thing last year with Perry and Matthews, once teams had games to scheme for Matthews absence, Perry and the rest of the EDGE guys were less effective.

Well, could have been worse but this is still bad news. Would be nice to have him against the Pats but I guess that might not be happening. Just hope he doesn't get rushed back and gets seriously hurt.

Then again I was told that last year Vic was just lucky in his sack % rate and he's actually really a medicore talent so I guess we'll be okay.

It will for sure make a difference but we have prepared much better this year to still get pressure even with him out.  We added Takk Mckinley, Dontari Poe, and Jack Crawford to the D-line that we didn't have last year.  Plus we got Adrian Clayborne back healthy and Derrick Shelby back healthy.  We also mvoed D'vondre Campbell as a pass rusher this year from WLB.

We have tons of depth on the D-line with some really talented players in there we could also still go grab Dwight Freeney if need be as both Quinn and him said thats a possiblity right before preseason started so he has kept himself in good shape.

Missing the sack leader of last year will hurt but we have for sure covered our bases much better this year incase of injury on D-line or O-line.

What's with the turf there? Apparently the FSU-Bama game had some issues with footing (and FSU's QB having a season ending injury) than the first full out NFL game the Packers lose Daniels, Brice, Nelson, Evans, House to hamstring/quad injuries and ATL loses Beasley and I believe Upshaw too right? 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Until a team has a week to game plan for no Beasley, you have no idea what the effect will be. We saw this same thing last year with Perry and Matthews, once teams had games to scheme for Matthews absence, Perry and the rest of the EDGE guys were less effective.

Sure. But this still ignores the interior rush the Falcons have been getting from Poe and Beasley.

2 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Well, I mean, he did have 15.5 of their 34 sacks last year...

Sure. And he has 2/7 this year. or 28%

Archived