What does Rivers have to do to make the HoF?

patriotsheatyan

What does Rivers have to do to make the HoF?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What does Rivers have to do to make the HoF?

• Nothing; he will make it with his current accomplishments
    • A couple more solid if unspectacular seasons
    • Two seasons with either playoff success or very good numbers
    • Something great is still required, like a SB win, an MVP, or obscene longevity to break various all time records

7 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

There are a lot of 3 year stretches(or 4, 5,6,7,8,9,10) year stretches I'd take over Rivers.  I like Rivers, but he doesn't have some ungodly peak. 

So then point them out. Consecutive stretches better than Rivers 08 to 2010. When he had 8.6 ypa with over 103 passer rating for a 3 year avg.

3 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

One thing is for sure, Rivers gets a lot more excuses than Ryan & perhaps every other player in the history of the NFL.

It’s always the FO’s fault or Nate Kaeding’s fault or Marlon McCree’s fault for Rivers’ constant failures when the moment matters the most. Always.

They arent excuses if they are true. Saying Tua cant start because of hip injury can be called an "excuse". Saying a fighter loss because he broke his arm can be called an excuse.  These are tangible factors that dictating the outcome.

Rivers is without question the unluckiest QB you will ever find. You can call them excuses... i call them Chargers.

24 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

All pros are overrated. The associated press votes on them. Cam and Lamar have as many all pros as Brees.

Brees, Brady and Rodgers combined had 1 less all pro than Peyton alone. Since when did people start valuing all pros. 

“All pros are overrated”

-The guy who just cited pro bowl appearances as a reason why Rivers is better than Matt Ryan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anc360 said:

“All pros are overrated”

-The guy who just cited pro bowl appearances as a reason why Rivers is better than Matt Ryan.

Like i said Brees has as many all pros as Cam, Lamar and Ryan. But Brees has 13 probowls. More than all 3 combined times 2.

Oh and players and coaches are 2/3 the probowl vote. AP votes on all pros.

Nearly every HOF induction speech starts with the amount of probowl appearances the player has.  All pros are overrated if you are using 1 all pro appearance as a catapult or difference in; is or isnt arguments. No question about it.

Edited by Bearerofnews

26 minutes ago, Anc360 said:
52 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

All pros are overrated. The associated press votes on them. Cam and Lamar have as many all pros as Brees.

Brees, Brady and Rodgers combined had 1 less all pro than Peyton alone. Since when did people start valuing all pros. 

“All pros are overrated”

All pros mean the press thought you were top 2. Probowls mean players, coaches and fans think you were top 6. Both have some merit. 

• Like 2

The BS about Pro Bowls is that if you get in because the original guy selected gets "injured", you are also considered a "ProBowler"

I swear every year half the guys who get selected are replaced by a slew of other guys. The term "ProBowler" is pretty watered down

Edited by TheGame316

38 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

The BS about Pro Bowls is that if you get in because the original guy selected gets "injured", you are also considered a "ProBowler"

I swear every year half the guys who get selected are replaced by a slew of other guys. The term "ProBowler" is pretty watered down

Which is true if a guy is 1 or 2 time probowler or even 3. But 8 times, nah.. thats a whole different thing. Only GREAT players get that many probowls.

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

There are worse QBs in the hall

There is. There is also a lack of players from the Lions, Chargers and Browns. Rivers was hall of fame worthy talent stuck in a craphole situation that he stuck out way too long. I’m not in the camp that thinks he gets in without a second career somewhere else. If he wins a championship he’s in. Just depends what kind of team success he has in his last hurrah. 

23 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

So then point them out. Consecutive stretches better than Rivers 08 to 2010. When he had 8.6 ypa with over 103 passer rating for a 3 year avg.

There are several even in the list you posted.  Adjusting for era, I’d easily take Marino.  Young was better.  You posted a good 3 year stretch from Rodgers, but ignored Rodgers 09-11 which was better.  Also Rodgers 2010-2012 was better.  He had an MVP, a Super Bowl, and a season that Rivers has never come close to having.

Peyton and Brady both have multiple peaks Id take over Rivers with Super Bowl rings and MVPs.  Brees has several three year stretches comparable to Rivers.  All three have seasons that Rivers hasn’t come close to having.  

Favre has a three year stretch with 3 consecutive MVPs lol.  I’d take that over any stretch from Rivers easily.

For what it’s worth, I do think Rivers is a HoF caliber player that has had some bad luck that might keep him out.