Why do the Raiders hate Derek Carr and wish for him to be dead?

Ty21

19 minutes ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

I dont personally see him as the problem. Last time he was healthy, had a decent line and some WR's to throw to, he was in the MVP chatter.

This.  Guys give him legitimate hate when really he's either lacked stability in a system or lacked talent around him.  Pretty typically that has been his career.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Totty said:

This.  Guys give him legitimate hate when really he's either lacked stability in a system or lacked talent around him.  Pretty typically that has been his career.  

Yep, he certainly was not the issue last year. Last year he lacked a true no 1 WR and actually did better than I expected with the WR group he had.

1 hour ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

I dont personally see him as the problem. Last time he was healthy, had a decent line and some WR's to throw to, he was in the MVP chatter.

No he was not. Now sit down and let the adults talk.

• Like 1

You guys have not watched enough Carr and obviously box score scouting. He was once again one of the main issues last season. Carrs Offense is fantastic. Top 2 OL, I’d say #2 behind Indy, Top 5 TE, Great 2nd TE, Top 7-8 RB in Jacobs, Williams and Renfrow are solid WRs. It’s a ridiculously talented offense. Could they use another WR? Sure. But what he has right now is more than most QBs ever dream of. 

Here is my write up on Carr from a few weeks ago:

On 2/5/2020 at 7:32 PM, BayRaider said:

I have no problem giving Carr credit on many things. 

Pros: 

- Tremendous Release, top 5 in the league. 

- Tremendous Arm

- Grade A Short Level Accuracy Under 10 yards (guys open)

- Grade B Medium Level Accuracy 11-20 yards (guys open). 

- Solid A+ No issues type of character. 

Neutral: 

- Slightly above average processing speed.

- Good straight line speed (let’s not mistake this for mobility, agility, extending plays, or escaping pressure though)

Cons:

- Poor situational awareness. Throwing short of the chains on 3rd, well short, throwing away on 4th down, does not get aggressive down two scores. Very content. Multiple coaching staffs. 

- Poor Pocket Presence. Does not have a good feel in the pocket if any defender looks like they are winning even a little bit. He will rush his reads, make a poor decision, or drop the ball off too soon for a minimal gain that will stall the drive whether it causes a 3rd and long or a punt. 

- Panics/Happy Feet Under Pressure. No, not all QBs have this. It’s not in many college scouting reports. That year was just him and Jimmy. And it’s followed both to the NFL. This year you’ll see it in Herberts scouting profile. He uses his feet and abandons footwork way to soon and gets way too paranoid under pressure. Also, with consistent pressure, he loses confidence really quickly. 

- Poor in cold weather. Some QBs have their stuff in cold weather and some don’t. Carr would be a solid in Indy. That whole division is mostly dome/warm weather as long as you don’t meet Tenn in Dec.

- Poor mobility escaping pressure and extending plays. Terrible lateral movement and sense of pressure.  

- Is not able to make anticipation and timing throws. This is crucial at the NFL level, and especially for a west coast offense like Jon Gruden. I do not think Carr belongs in a west coast offense. 

- Will not throw into tight windows. This is because he can’t. This is also completely needed in the NFL in most styles of offenses. There is only a few examples of Carr doing this, one being at the Pro Bowl. Carr is designed for a system that schemes WRs wide open. Musgraves offense was a good fit for him. 

This is also why when our cast doesn’t get monster type separation on plays, Carr just shuts down. Vikings and Jets games, those are on Carr. Guys still have a good step on their man, but Carr is not that type of QB. Against those type of smothering defenses Carr just shuts down completely. It’s much more on Carr than the WRs. 

- Average to Below Average Football IQ. I think Carr is pretty good pre snap and reading coverages pre snap but he gets fooled by disguised coverage easily, which leads to a quick panic drop off, and also fails to recognize the coverage in real time. His brain just doesn’t solve problems that fast (NFL speed fast). 

- Average to below average deep accuracy

- One of the very few QBs to not have an alpha personality. He’s sensitive, he’s passive aggressive, and just seems mentally weak. 

I personally don’t think he’s the QB for us but he’s not terrible. I have him ranked around 20-21 out of 32. 

• Like 2

And to add further, people need to stop gushing over his 70% COMP. He has that for the same reason Sam Bradford has 71% in 2016. Because they both throw 5 yards short on 3rd down literally constantly. Even Chris Simms points this out and acknowledges that’s why his completion % is high. 

• Like 1