Why do the Raiders hate Derek Carr and wish for him to be dead?

Ty21

30 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Deserved or not, he was T-3rd in voting. Was closer to 2nd than 4th. That probably qualifies as “in the chatter”. 

Dalton was 3rd in the running for MVP before injured in 2015. Both are below average QBs but are both starters in the NFL and should be starting. Carr around 20 and Dalton around 22-23. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dalton was 3rd in the running for MVP before injured in 2015. Both are below average QBs but are both starters in the NFL and should be starting. Carr around 20 and Dalton around 22-23. 

Has nothing to do with what I said.

Carr is nothing more than average and he has regressed significantly since his injury (broken leg) he plays scared and gives up almost immediately when his first read isn’t there. He can’t throw in tight windows, he can’t throw receivers open, he can’t and won’t run when needed, he can’t improvise when the play breaks down. He is so terrified of contact that he just throws it away. He plays scared and it shows. Want to see the real Derek Carr watch ever single game he played vs the Chiefs. Scared hopeless and no urgency. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You guys have not watched enough Carr and obviously box score scouting. He was once again one of the main issues last season. Carrs Offense is fantastic. Top 2 OL, I’d say #2 behind Indy, Top 5 TE, Great 2nd TE, Top 7-8 RB in Jacobs, Williams and Renfrow are solid WRs. It’s a ridiculously talented offense. Could they use another WR? Sure. But what he has right now is more than most QBs ever dream of. 

Here is my write up on Carr from a few weeks ago:

This seems pretty spot on to me.

EDIT:  I have no idea why it cut off the majority of your writing in your breakdown, but that's what I was trying to highlight.

19 hours ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

Yep, he certainly was not the issue last year. Last year he lacked a true no 1 WR and actually did better than I expected with the WR group he had.

Almost every qb lacks a "true" number 1.

He is a decent qb but he is nothing special in any category. He is something between mariota and Dalton. He can keep you in the playoff race but never get you over the hump unless you build a world beater around him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vorsutus said:

Almost every qb lacks a "true" number 1.

He is a decent qb but he is nothing special in any category. He is something between mariota and Dalton. He can keep you in the playoff race but never get you over the hump unless you build a world beater around him.

I agree with this except he's better than Dalton.  He needs a cast around him.  Don't think that 16 team was a world beater.  But definitely had better wide outs than we do now. Defense was putrid for the most part.  Carr was the comeback kid that year.  It's tough for me to pull the pin on a guy who has showed that when I've seen Hostetler, Walter, George, Russell, Campbell, Tuiasasopo, etc lead the charge.  Finally get a competent guy who needs some help, instead of providing the best cast we can we say he's not worth a crap In the league, but same guy says we can get a 2nd out of him?  This doesn't make sense.  Build the roster, if he doesn't pan out, select your guy and put him in the best scenario you can after the roster is built.  

• Like 1