Why do the Raiders hate Derek Carr and wish for him to be dead?

Ty21

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You guys have not watched enough Carr and obviously box score scouting. He was once again one of the main issues last season. Carrs Offense is fantastic. Top 2 OL, I’d say #2 behind Indy, Top 5 TE, Great 2nd TE, Top 7-8 RB in Jacobs, Williams and Renfrow are solid WRs. It’s a ridiculously talented offense. Could they use another WR? Sure. But what he has right now is more than most QBs ever dream of. 

Fair points Dude. As I recall it Williams looked good, like an improved player but struggled with injuries and after a fast start only caught 42 balls on the season. Renfrow was hyped more than he achieved early on but had a clearly strong finish to the year. Waller did great but I am not clear on who the great TE2 was, the rook FM? Its not a bad group, I agree, once its all seasoned and on the field together healthy. When that happens it shall be make or break time for Carr.

Edited by GordyTheGoffer

9 minutes ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

Fair points Dude. As I recall it Williams looked good, like an improved player but struggled with injuries and after a fast start only caught 42 balls on the season. Renfrow was hyped more than he achieved early on but had a clearly strong finish to the year. Waller did great but I am not clear on who the great TE2 was, the rook FM? Its not a bad group, I agree, once its all seasoned and on the field together healthy. When that happens it shall be make or break time for Carr.

It’s already been make or break time for Carr. If the Raiders get the opportunity to land Brady and draft a QB, they will. Carr has a 50% shot of being our Week 1 starter at this point. 

One of the most accurate Carr quotes, can’t remember which analyst this was but:

“When he gets hit even once, or one pressure, or an INT, he folds up like a cheap suit, and that’s the end. I don’t get it because that’s not his personality, but that’s the reality”. 

100% true. This was a lot of 2017/2018. And for 2019 look at Vikings, Chiefs x2, Jets, and 2nd half of Jaguars. Carr literally just shuts down in these games. Shuts completely down. He looks shaken, confidence gone, will not throw if his WR has a solid step in a tight window, and will dump it off on 3rd down. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s already been make or break time for Carr. If the Raiders get the opportunity to land Brady and draft a QB, they will. Carr has a 50% shot of being our Week 1 starter at this point. 

One of the most accurate Carr quotes, can’t remember which analyst this was but:

“When he gets hit even once, or one pressure, or an INT, he folds up like a cheap suit, and that’s the end. I don’t get it because that’s not his personality, but that’s the reality”. 

100% true. This was a lot of 2017/2018. And for 2019 look at Vikings, Chiefs x2, Jets, and 2nd half of Jaguars. Carr literally just shuts down in these games. Shuts completely down. He looks shaken, confidence gone, will not throw if his WR has a solid step in a tight window, and will dump it off on 3rd down. 

I know Brady is like amazing and all that but the 43 year old version on only his 2nd NFL playbook will not be a huge jump from where Carr is now, as I see it anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

I know Brady is like amazing and all that but the 43 year old version on only his 2nd NFL playbook will not be a huge jump from where Carr is now, as I see it anyway.

Brady would instantly make Las Vegas Super Bowl contenders. This team showed a lot of potential before Carr got in the way.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

Disagree. Brady is a Top 5-7 QB in this league still. His arm velocity hasn’t lost a step since 2015. His WR/RB/TE core was the worst in the NFL. They don’t get separation at all. Heck, Brady looked like an MVP candidate until about Week 8 or so until teams figured out the Pats WRs are trash and started playing tons of Man Coverage. Their Line was also below average last season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

This. Its ok if all parts are fit and on the field together but they still need a reliable WR1. They need somebody outside of Waller that can stay on the field and be reliable pass catcher.

There is maybe 10-11 WR1s in the league at any given time. 

So you’re tellin me Carr needs an Elite #1, Solid Upper Tier #2, Solid #3, Top 5 TE, Top 2 OL, Solid 2nd TE, Top 7 RB in Jacobs? Not to mention Grudens play calling and schemes were fantastic last year. 

So basically Carr needs The Greatest Offense in the NFL. Got it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is maybe 10-11 WR1s in the league at any given time. 

So you’re tellin me Carr needs an Elite #1, Solid Upper Tier #2, Solid #3, Top 5 TE, Top 2 OL, Solid 2nd TE, Top 7 RB in Jacobs? Not to mention Grudens play calling and schemes were fantastic last year. 

So basically Carr needs The Greatest Offense in the NFL. Got it. 

I swear man this type of rational kills me. Every QB needs help obviously, but if they need 10 All-Pros on their offense to be consistently good then they are not the guy. Like Texans offenses haven't been perfect but you've still consistently seen high potential and execution from Deshaun.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Malik said:

I swear man this type of rational kills me. Every QB needs help obviously, but if they need 10 All-Pros on their offense to be consistently good then they are not the guy. Like Texans offenses haven't been perfect but you've still consistently seen high potential and execution from Deshaun.

I’d kill for Watson. Carr isn’t 60% the QB he is. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

When he gets hit even once, or one pressure, or an INT, he folds up like a cheap suit, and that’s the end. I don’t get it because that’s not his personality, but that’s the reality

Must run in the family.

• Like 3