J-Deere 4 Rounder w/ trades and comp picks

Johnny Nix

31 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The whole eagles draft is a reach fest and easily the worst I've seen

And I like Arentte too. But at 21 with Shenault, Reagor, Delpit, Epenesa, Gladney, McKinney, Queen among like literally 20 other players available who we could use, it's just a laughably bad choice. I'd be cool with him at 53 MAAAYBE.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

And I like Arentte too. But at 21 with Shenault, Reagor, Delpit, Epenesa, Gladney, McKinney, Queen among like literally 20 other players available who we could use, it's just a laughably bad choice. I'd be cool with him at 53 MAAAYBE.

I think Arnette is gonna go higher than most think, kinda ole Gareon Conley a few years back. 

16 hours ago, kempus said:

Yeah, I dont see any reason for us to move up. Especially not for a running back. 

I think Dobbins is a special talent and would put KC over the top. No one would be able to touch them offensively

Edited by johndeere1707

16 hours ago, skhurst0398 said:

Is the assumption here that Miami doesn't view Tua as that much better than Herbert then? If they're going to trade up, why wouldn't they trade up for the #1B quarterback in the draft? They have the assets to outbid anything the Panthers could throw at the Lions. 

I think it’s more Carolina being aggressive, then Miami just moving up a spot to ensure they get Herbert (whom they seem to like)

I see some good and some bad in there for the Falcons and will do my best to say why on each and do a revised pick for each spot.

1st - Gross - DE  - I don't dislike the position at all and don;t hate him as a player but with the offseason problems he just hit with the bullying thing.  That all but makes him a non target for the Falcons at this point probably.  Keep the same position and actually take a better player and top 10 talent in A.J. Epenesa.  He is a much more likely falcons pick at this point in time and has a higher chance going to us.  If not him then we probably look at Chassion although im not quite as high on him as i am AJ. 

Replacement pick - A.J Epenesa - DE

2a - Neville Gallimore - DT - Perfect pick i love it 1000%  no change needed here  A+ position and need.

2b. Malik Harrison - LB  - where as i like Malik Harrison and if he dropped to round 3 i would be all over it. The lb position isn't quite as big of a need as the RB position is for us at this point. Plus you have a late 1st round talent and home grown boy sitting there for us in Swift thats a slam dunk if Dobbins is already off the board which he is early in this draft.

Replacement Pick - Swift RB

3rd - Albert Okwu -TE - not a big fan of taking a TE early in this draft when to me we have bigger needs at LG, OLB, and possibly safety.  I sorta hope we don't even take a TE in this draft and for sure not before the 5th round.  I would much prefer us to look at a vet in FA and give Jaedan graham the majority of the snaps at TE as he looked great when given the time last year.

Replacement Pick - Raekwon Davis -DT - Just absed on value alone taking a 1st round DT and finishing off our D-line which we need tons of help on.

4th - Lucas Niang -  I have no clue about this guy as from what i can tell he was listed as a OT.  We have 1000% zero need for a OT so i haven't checked him out.  What i would need to know from you is does he make a better LG than he does a OT at the next level or do you think we would do better with a more legit OG coming out than moving him there.

Replacement Pick - none depending if he can slide to LG and become a beast because i know he has talent atleast he is a high rated prospect for a good reason.

So in total my mock would be based on value, talent, and need

1st - A.J. Epenesa - DE
2a - Neville Gallimore - DT
2b - Deandre Swift - RB
3rd - Raekwon Davis -DT
4th - Lucas Niang - OG? as said based on if he can switch he probably can.

Thats our 2 biggest offenisve needs out of the way with top tier talent and a complete overhaul and shot in the arm of talent to our D-line.  Which is our biggest problems and needs this offseason.   Thats also 5 players with 1st round to mid 2nd round talent so not only did we go BPA but we also got BPA at most needed positions.

49PITTSBURGH STEELERS CURTIS WEAVEREDGEBOISE ST. 

50CHICAGO BEARS CAMERON DANTZLERCBMISS. ST. 

51DALLAS COWBOYS K'LAVON CHAISSON

This tells me all I need to know.  How does Chaisson fall put of the top 15?  Top 20?  1st round.  Then fall to the Steeler and they pass.  Was this pulled off of WalterFootball?  They do stupid things like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

49PITTSBURGH STEELERS CURTIS WEAVEREDGEBOISE ST. 

50CHICAGO BEARS CAMERON DANTZLERCBMISS. ST. 

51DALLAS COWBOYS K'LAVON CHAISSON

This tells me all I need to know.  How does Chaisson fall put of the top 15?  Top 20?  1st round.  Then fall to the Steeler and they pass.  Was this pulled off of WalterFootball?  They do stupid things like this.

I’m not high on Chaisson

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’m not high on Chaisson

You are the only one.  He is a perfect 3-4 OLB.  He is explosive and bendy.  non-stop motor.  Can and has covered TEs.  Can set the edge vs the run.

Weaver is not even in the same league as Chaisson.

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think Dobbins is a special talent and would put KC over the top. No one would be able to touch them offensively

Dobbins would almost surely be there at 32 anyway. No need to trade up. The drop off to Swift and others is minimal, if anything at all. We dont have the assets to trade up. I could see us trading back and taking a RB though.

7 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think it’s more Carolina being aggressive, then Miami just moving up a spot to ensure they get Herbert (whom they seem to like)

So I see you buy into the "Miami likes Herbert more than Tua" rumors.  That is all they are rumors.

• Like 1