Discuss Diggs’ “Drama”

VikeManDan

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Again, this response (mind you I haven't actually listened to the conversation yet for the context) will probably drive more speculation.  

It also shows that, even if Diggs is just playing around, it has a very real effect on the team, and he should grow up.

• Like 1

I still think Diggs "drama" is rather benign compared to others in the receiving fraternity.  Unless some team makes an offer that the Vikings cannot refuse, Diggs will be with the team for the length of his contract.

46 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It also shows that, even if Diggs is just playing around, it has a very real effect on the team, and he should grow up.

If there is some unhappiness, I would guess that meeting will end with Diggs being compensated or given permission to seek a trade. I can’t imagine that Spielman would want this to get ugly and tell him to honor the contract, if Diggs is truly unhappy for whatever reason. But it’s also annoying to have to coddle a player and throw more cash at him to appease him, just to have to potentially deal with future unhappiness. But hopefully it’s nothing.

Edited by vikingsrule

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:
Spielman will be meeting with Diggs’ agent, just like he will be meeting with ALL of his players’ agents.

The laughing by Spielman, in both interviews, should tell you all that you need to know about the validity of these rumors.

What, that's he in an uncomfortable situation?  

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'd do that for Lawrence! He's probably a better prospect than Burrow.

Fun to speculate. 

I'd do it for Burrow too. I think when Lawrence declares they will likely grade out pretty evenly. Burrow had an all time great season against the gauntlet of SEC defenses in an offense that highlighted transferable NFL skills. 

Honestly, if I was a part of the Vikings front office that's the only way that I would even consider trading Diggs - they'd have to get a top flight QBOTF prospect in return.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...