Discuss Diggs’ “Drama”

VikeManDan

Just now, JDBrocks said:

I guess it's a good time to need to draft a receiver... If it happens, that sucks. Theilen should be the one that they trade.

I’d rather have Diggs over Thielen long term but I’d rather find a way to keep both. But I definitely don’t want to have to coddle Diggs either, I don’t think Zimmer is the coddling type anyway. If I could get a first round pick for him and make the cap situation work, it’s tempting.

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d rather have Diggs over Thielen long term but I’d rather find a way to keep both. But I definitely don’t want to have to coddle Diggs either, I don’t think Zimmer is the coddling type anyway. If I could get a first round pick for him and make the cap situation work, it’s tempting.

Damn right, if you look what Arizona got for Hopkins, that is a crap ton.  Then again Diggs is not as good as Hopkins, not even close.  If the Vikings could get a solid player and or solid draft pick getting rid of Diggs and filling his place with potentially a great receiver in the 1st or 2nd would be very interesting.

Could potentially get any of these guys, and would most likely be keeping them away from Green Bay getting them in either the late 1st or late 2nd round.  And if they get rid of Diggs with all the draft picks they have they could easily draft two receivers in the early part of the draft and middle part of the draft and still have room to make other deals.  

Justin Jefferson LSU JR WR
Denzel Mims Baylor SR WR
Tee Higgins Clemson JR WR
Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR WR
Laviska Shenault Jr. Colorado JR WR
Jalen Reagor TCU JR WR
KJ Hamler Penn State RS SOPH WR

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Then again Diggs is not as good as Hopkins, not even close. 

* In your opinion.

In mine (and many others) he is a peer. He's certainly a better route runner. It's not his fault that his QB left hundreds of yards and multiple touchdowns on the field.

• Like 2

Just now, JDBrocks said:

* In your opinion.

In mine (and many others) he is a peer. He's certainly a better route runner. It's not his fault that his QB left hundreds of yards and multiple touchdowns on the field.

Hopkins hands are an absolute 10, Diggs are absolutely not.  Both are similar route runners but give me Hopkins all day over Diggs, Diggs does have a slight gear over Hopkins.

And in terms of flat character as a person, Hopkins has way more and is not so self absorbed as Diggs clearly is.  

• Like 1

If we could get a top 15 pick for Diggs id do it. Ruggs, Lamb or Jeudy would all be cheaper/nice options if available. 

Because if we trade Diggs that immediately becomes one of this teams biggest needs. Its already a need with Diggs on the team IMO. 

People go back to the argument that we play alot of 2 TE sets. Ok, but Rudy is getting old & Kubiak isnt gonna be around forever. This offense will likely be one that will feature 3 WRs & Irv in the future. 

1 minute ago, Eric dunn said:

If we could get a top 15 pick for Diggs id do it. Ruggs, Lamb or Jeudy would all be cheaper/nice options if available. 

Because if we trade Diggs that immediately becomes one of this teams biggest needs. Its already a need with Diggs on the team IMO. 

People go back to the argument that we play alot of 2 TE sets. Ok, but Rudy is getting old & Kubiak isnt gonna be around forever. This offense will likely be one that will feature 3 WRs & Irv in the future. 

Bisi Johnson showed he isn’t much of a threat as the #2.  Im not even confident Thielen will be as productive without Diggs and the attention he draws.