Discuss Diggs’ “Drama”

VikeManDan

If they Vikings could get one if not two first round picks for him I would do that all freaking day long.  Sure it might be overblow the social media stuff but it is odd, and he is a distraction on the sidelines and was more than once this past season and he seems to be getting worse and worse in terms of his losing control on the sideline.  

"I think the Vikings could easily get a first-round pick, possibly even two in some contexts. Just one first round pick would likely have to be paired with a pretty big name from the opposing team if the trade was to be worth it for the Vikings.  And Minnesota could very well need a cornerback next season."

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/21/lets-say-the-vikings-trade-stefon-diggs-heres-what-they-might-get/

Hows knows if it happens but if it does and we get that much for him I would be all over it.  Lamb and Jeudy could do what Diggs does on the field no question, and Ruggs III possibly could be that deep threat no doubt about it, same with Jalen Reagor or Lynn Bowden.  Or Higgins/Shenault would give much needed size to the position and Justin Jefferson has fine route running ability and hands.  

The guy overreacts on the sidelines, complains when he does not get the ball and like I have said for awhile, he is not a Hall of Fame WR like say Randy Moss.  So he is not good enough honestly to have the attitude that he does.  And the daughter pics being deleted I think is just common sense in general for any athlete, the social media is all about him and his damn wardrobe or whatever, why bring his daughter into that...  Maybe the purple of the Vikings make his outfits look bad, who knows, maybe that is why he took them off.  

@Ozzy   I would love to add Jeudy, or Ruggs even having Diggs on the roster but before I get into that I must ask if you have as big of a problem with Adam Thielen then because he acts out just as much as Diggs with the exception of the Social Media, but both players show up to play on game day.  

As for bringing his daughter into it well that's because its just as relevant as his Vikings stuff on IG.  If anything you'd expect to see more of him & his family on there & this whole Diggs deleting everything Vikings related on Social Media is complete crap, he still has the Vikings stuff on Twitter.  Ive also heard that this is pretty normal from Diggs that he deletes all kinds of stuff like that going back to his Maryland days, I have no idea if that's true but as I said its what I heard.

Now jumping back to the whole Diggs being replaced.  I would n't be very comfortable going into next season with a WR core of Thielen/Bisi/Rookie.  I don't think Bisi is a legit #2 atleast not yet & this could be the beginning of injuries for Thielen.  Some will say he doesn't have the mileage of a normal 30 yr old but he's only started 3 years and was hurt for about half of the last one so it could be something to keep an eye on(though I think he'll be fine) but I'd rather keep the 27yr old who should just be entering his prime & can be a building block even if this season goes wrong.

42 minutes ago, Boda said:

@Ozzy   I would love to add Jeudy, or Ruggs even having Diggs on the roster but before I get into that I must ask if you have as big of a problem with Adam Thielen then because he acts out just as much as Diggs with the exception of the Social Media, but both players show up to play on game day.  

As for bringing his daughter into it well that's because its just as relevant as his Vikings stuff on IG.  If anything you'd expect to see more of him & his family on there & this whole Diggs deleting everything Vikings related on Social Media is complete crap, he still has the Vikings stuff on Twitter.  Ive also heard that this is pretty normal from Diggs that he deletes all kinds of stuff like that going back to his Maryland days, I have no idea if that's true but as I said its what I heard.

Now jumping back to the whole Diggs being replaced.  I would n't be very comfortable going into next season with a WR core of Thielen/Bisi/Rookie.  I don't think Bisi is a legit #2 atleast not yet & this could be the beginning of injuries for Thielen.  Some will say he doesn't have the mileage of a normal 30 yr old but he's only started 3 years and was hurt for about half of the last one so it could be something to keep an eye on(though I think he'll be fine) but I'd rather keep the 27yr old who should just be entering his prime & can be a building block even if this season goes wrong.

Well it all depends on what they could get for Diggs.  If it is indeed one or two 1st round picks I would do that all day.  That could not only improve the OL but obviously help with the WR situation or DB situation as well.  

I am not a huge Bisi fan, was not when they got him but he did impress last year for a 7th round pick.  Beebe will be back healthy hopefully.  And they could get a guy later rounds, in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th possibly.  I have already brought up Antonio Gandy-Golden I love, Tyler Johnson would be great to get a local kid.  Denzel Mims has some big time deep speed, Bryan Edwards is very underrated and is a big WR, KJ Hamler could be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round also.  KJ Hill can play in the slot and could be a great pro, Chase Claypool is a beast physically, got Donovan People-Jones who could be of great value mid rounds, same with Devin Duvernay and Brandon Aiyuk.  

So say the WR core is Thielen/Beebe/Bisi and two rookies I named here or before if they go 1st round.  Yeah I would be totally fine with that since the Vikings play two TEs a lot.  

The options greatly increase if they get a 1st rounder, now I doubt they would get one for Rhodes, and honestly not even sure if they would for Diggs but if they could I would move on from them.  Maybe it is overblow about Diggs but on the sidelines, but to me he seems like a distraction, he seems annoyed a lot of the time and does not control his emotions well and his overall body language is off a lot.  And honestly how many games did he win, he played well sure, best season as a pro but not sure any of those games specifically were won because of his play at WR.  Got all the balls because Thielen was out and they had no other options, and it is not like he just ripped it up as much as he should have.  

If we keep him fine, do not have to pay that contract or the parts we still need to pay, but if we get something for him in terms of draft picks that would be interesting.  Hell I would take two high 2nd rounders for him potentially.  The team with a better OL would be better with other receivers in his place than this team with Diggs still and a unimproved OL.

There is Diggs drama. He seems to do it because he likes to get a rise out of people. It’s annoying, immature and unprofessional. Is it worth trading him? No. 

He could probably rake in more endorsement deals if he focused more on building his brand than acting the way he does. 

• Like 1

Chad Greenway: “To me, it’s just a cry out to say, ‘I’m trying to get out of here. I want to go be the guy somewhere else because I can’t be the guy here with Adam Thielen here.’ That’s how I see it and I don’t know how it could mean anything different than that. There’s Thielen and then there’s Diggs and that does not sit well with Diggs. That’s just my perception of it. He wants it to be Diggs and then somebody else.”

https://thevikingage.com/2020/02/21/former-minnesota-vikings-lb-diggs-traded/?fbclid=IwAR2l2E525WCbSbv6AuwuDIDLEooCLaSIc_7Gv2Wc6kVFRzBTeiChbf_y_4E

• Like 1

Where could he go where he would "be the guy"?  Does that mean he would be the only WR?  How good of a team could that possibly be?  I know the media fantasy types are hooking him up with Tom Brady in New England, and while I guess he would be the star WR there, the situation presents him with more problems than it solves.  Is Brady actually going to resign there?  How much longer will he play and/or have the arm to play?  What's going to be throwing balls to you when Brady goes?  Will you just complain then and get traded again in your mind's eye?  Do you think Bill Bellichick will listen to any complaint you ever have?  What kind of compensation could the Pats give in return for your services, because their current first round pick (and it would take at least one of those if it were my decision) is way too low to consider, and I don't think they will part ways with that pick and Stephon Gilmore for you either.  

I think everyone is putting more thought into than even Diggs is.

He's signed a five year extension in 2018.  He's signed through 2023.  If he has a problem, he's going to have to work it out.  I personally will think it's all hogwash until I hear something from him, but he never says anything concrete.  If he's that disgruntled (and I don't know why he would be) he'll say something directly.  Until then, shut up, grow up, and play football for the team that believed in you enough to not only draft you but pay you top dollar.  The Minnesota Vikings are not a farm team, existing to develop talent for use on future star studded championship teams.  We might have many nice things, but you can't have them!  lol

Edited by Hyperborean
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Boda said:
18 hours ago, Boda said:

As for bringing his daughter into it well, that's because it's just as relevant as his Vikings stuff on IG.  If anything you'd expect to see more of him & his family on there & this whole Diggs deleting everything Vikings related on Social Media is complete crap, he still has the Vikings stuff on Twitter.  I've also heard that this is pretty normal from Diggs that he deletes all kinds of stuff like that going back to his Maryland days, I have no idea if that's true but as I said it what I heard.

Now jumping back to the whole Diggs being replaced.  I would n't be very comfortable going into next season with a WR core of Thielen/Bisi/Rookie.  I don't think Bisi is a legit #2 at least not yet & this could be the beginning of injuries for Thielen.  Some will say he doesn't have the mileage of a normal 30 yr old but he's only started 3 years and was hurt for about half of the last one so it could be something to keep an eye on(though I think he'll be fine) but I'd rather keep the 27yr old who should just be entering his prime & can be a building block even if this season goes wrong.

Unless I'm forgetting something he did, he mainly just voices his displeasure on the sidelines.  I can live with that.  The difference I see is that Diggs ramped it up by skipping practice and then made it public by going out and doing that press conference in his hoodie.  In any case, I don't think either one of them has done enough to warrant getting rid of them.

Edited by Uncle Buck

49 minutes ago, Ripline said:

Video of the Viking super bowl win:D:ph34r:

One of these days, Ripline.  I'd whine about you coming in here trolling me (like Packer fans did to me and got me banned from the Packer Forum), but I have a sense of humor and can take a little friendly banter from our rivals.  That's what it's all about as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, one of these days the Vikings will actually win one (maybe even two!).  I might not be alive to see it when it finally does happen, but eventually, they have to win one, don't they?  Heck, if the Cubs can win a World Series, the Vikings can get off the schneid and win a Super Bowl.

Good luck in the draft.  (Not really.  Hahaha!)

• Like 1