Discuss Diggs’ “Drama”

VikeManDan

20 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Chad Greenway: “To me, it’s just a cry out to say, ‘I’m trying to get out of here. I want to go be the guy somewhere else because I can’t be the guy here with Adam Thielen here.’ That’s how I see it and I don’t know how it could mean anything different than that. There’s Thielen and then there’s Diggs and that does not sit well with Diggs. That’s just my perception of it. He wants it to be Diggs and then somebody else.”

https://thevikingage.com/2020/02/21/former-minnesota-vikings-lb-diggs-traded/?fbclid=IwAR2l2E525WCbSbv6AuwuDIDLEooCLaSIc_7Gv2Wc6kVFRzBTeiChbf_y_4E

This seems really silly to me. Those guys have frequently said that they are best friends and want to play together forever and are always happy for the other one’s success. Not to mention that he’s pulled stuff from his social media multiple times in past off-seasons. 

sorry, Chad - I don’t buy it.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, JDBrocks said:

There is no drama, the media needs something to talk about.

/thread

It's not just solely what we consider to be "the media", as former players (i.e. Leber and Greenway) think there's some validity to it, as you don't post the cryptic things he does without there being some actual fire to the smoke.  What is likely the reality is that, sure he's a great locker room guy and he'll certainly give his best effort while on the field, but he's not happy being here.  He wants to be "the guy" and he's not going to be as long as he's in this type of offense and with Thielen on the other side of him.  It's not a this or that scenario where he's a great locker room guy, so he must be happy.  Both can co-exist.  

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

This seems really silly to me. Those guys have frequently said that they are best friends and want to play together forever and are always happy for the other one’s success. Not to mention that he’s pulled stuff from his social media multiple times in past off-seasons. 

sorry, Chad - I don’t buy it.

Best friends don't have to agree all the time.  Plus, other than their word, we don't see any evidence that they are, in fact, best friends.  They may be very close when they're in the locker-room, but there's no evidence to suggest that they hang out off the field.  They certainly don't have to provide that evidence either, but I don't think you can necessarily take their word for granted, just because that's what they've said in public.

The cryptic tweets - he's been doing this forever. He enjoys getting a rise out of people. It's not my thing, but it must keep him entertained. No smoke, no fire. This is typical behavior for him.

Thielen - Diggs was the first guy to congratulate Thielen when he got paid, they call each other "brothers", when the dust up happened last year Thielen still said they were best friends. There's so much information out there to support that they have a great relationship (even if people haven't bothered to look for it), why should anyone believe Minnesota sports media personalities speculating that there is a problem?

Instagram - He's removed team pictures and references before. Guys do this kind of stuff, and I think it's just about as pertinent as his twitter messages. 

Show me one shred of evidence that Diggs is upset because he isn't the #1 guy. Not media conjecture, not former players furthering rumors for sports media outlets. 

Literally all I've seen is a guy that wants to win and perform at the highest level. People that are in the huddle with him have said he's a great teammate and hard worker. He's never said that he wants to be somewhere else. To me this seems like fans wanting and inventing drama that isn't there. Why aren't we making this argument about Thielen? He has tantrums - at least as many as Diggs, gets into shouting matches with opposing coaches on the field, and has publicly called out his QB. Is it because he posts cute family stuff on Twitter?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Show me one shred of evidence that Diggs is upset because he isn't the #1 guy. Not media conjecture, not former players furthering rumors for sports media outlets. 

Literally all I've seen is a guy that wants to win and perform at the highest level. People that are in the huddle with him have said he's a great teammate and hard worker. He's never said that he wants to be somewhere else. To me this seems like fans wanting and inventing drama that isn't there. Why aren't we making this argument about Thielen? He has tantrums - at least as many as Diggs, gets into shouting matches with opposing coaches on the field, and has publicly called out his QB. Is it because he posts cute family stuff on Twitter?

This. I think he wrongly gets painted as a diva WR because he's so competitive. I don't think he gets frustrated with his lack of targets in some games because he wants the stats and for people to look at him, I think he gets frustrated because he is confident that if he is heavily involved in the game plan he can help us win games.

You may be right....I may be crazy.  

And I'm aware that he posts cryptic stuff like that a lot.  However, I'm not going to completely dismiss it as #FakeNews, for the simple reason that I've always gotten the impression from him that he's not exactly fond of the area or the organization.  He's okay with it, but he doesn't seem like he's ever "loved" it.  Maybe he would be like that anyplace, I don't know.  That's the difference from Thielen. 

There's nothing wrong with that, he doesn't have to love it, but he's always given me the impression that he could take it or leave it, kind of like the way KAT is.  KAT gives it lip service, but you can tell he's not genuine when he says he wants to be there.  He's okay with it, but he'd probably be the same way anywhere, if not happier.  Garnett and Moss seemed to come off as more genuinely pleased to be where they were at, even if they certainly had their issues with the organization itself.  Maybe I'm jaded, maybe I'm reading too much into it, I don't know.  But what I do know is that people, in general, if they are happy with where they're at in life, they don't feel the need to give people a rise just for the fun of it.  Like he said, there has to be some truth to the rumors.  

Edited by swede700

Even if Diggs is a great guy in the locker room, this type of constant speculation born of Diggs' continued poking and prodding on social media is going to wear thin when guys get sick of being asked about it. Diggs may be perfectly happy here and just likes to stir the pot to keep up his mentions, but that type of behavior has a way of getting on nerves when it's the only thing a reporter wants to ask the team's linebackers about. 

It's also going to continue adding fuel to the "is Cousins good enough" conversation because people are going to Diggs' stuff as shade towards Cousins. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

but that type of behavior has a way of getting on nerves when it's the only thing a reporter wants to ask the team's linebackers about. 

Former linebackers. Who are no longer in, or a part of the locker room. 

Which current player, or players, has been asked, or given a comment, about Stefon Diggs?

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Former linebackers. Who are no longer in, or a part of the locker room. 

Which current player, or players, has been asked, or given a comment, about Stefon Diggs?

Considering they aren't in OTA's or anything of the sort, none. But they were asked about his drama last year. They'll continue to be asked about it if it continues. 

Honestly, do you think Diggs doesn't know how this stuff is perceived? Or do you think he does it because he likes to get reactions from people? 

14 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Honestly, do you think Diggs doesn't know how this stuff is perceived? Or do you think he does it because he likes to get reactions from people? 

Of course he knows how this is perceived, and he does it because he gets a kick out of seeing the reactions. 

There’s a reason he’s doing this in February. Players are on vacations, people aren’t around the facility, and there’s nothing going on. 

Do you think it’s a coincidence that Diggs has backed off on the cryptic tweets and social media posts right as the speculation started to reach its boiling point?

Edited by SemperFeist

51 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Of course he knows how this is perceived, and he does it because he gets a kick out of seeing the reactions. 

There’s a reason he’s doing this in February. Players are on vacations, people aren’t around the facility, and there’s nothing going on. 

Do you think it’s a coincidence that Diggs has backed off on the cryptic tweets and social media posts right as the speculation started to reach its boiling point?

Then he really needs to find something better to do with his time.  I understand it's the "millennial" thing to do, but really, I tend to fall along @wcblack34's position...it really tends to end up grinding at peoples' gears and become just outright annoying, no matter what time of year it is.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Then he really needs to find something better to do with his time.  I understand it's the "millennial" thing to do, but really, I tend to fall along @wcblack34's position...it really tends to end up grinding at peoples' gears and become just outright annoying, no matter what time of year it is.

Then do the adult thing and ignore it. 

• Like 1