Jump to content
sp6488

Ravens make Wink Martindale highest-paid defensive coordinator

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He was terrible in Denver. Good luck to him.

He’s been great in Baltimore thus far. Has really done well leveraging platoons and “positionless” football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sp6488 said:

After one year with a historically efficient offense making his job significantly easier?

Not saying he wasnt good or doesnt deserve a new contract, but highest paid for one good year?  

Coach contracts dont really matter much, but I question how good he really is.   Should be fine as long as that offense is rolling, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

After one year with a historically efficient offense making his job significantly easier?

Not saying he wasnt good or doesnt deserve a new contract, but highest paid for one good year?  

Coach contracts dont really matter much, but I question how good he really is.   Should be fine as long as that offense is rolling, though.

It's been 2 good years. The defense was better than the offense in a 10 win playoff team in 2018. He hasn't had quite the talent of Ravens defenses of the past, especially in the front-7. We don't know if he's great or anything, not enough years to say, but it's good to keep him happy for now. 

Like you said, coaches contracts doesn't really matter much. It could be one of those things where the newest "pretty good" free agent gets the new highest. Since there's no cap, it's just money out a billionaire/billion dollar organization's pocket.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He was terrible in Denver. Good luck to him.

Some Ravens fans were concerned about that when he first got the job, but it was one season that's almost a decade away now. That was under Josh McDaniels and it seemed like everything kind of fell apart under him in Denver.

Edited by wackywabbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

not a bad signing.

knows the ins and outs of gamification

 

Wink_Martindale_2010.jpg

He has to be getting up there in age.  He was a radio guy when Elvis was just starting out in the mid-fifties.  I didn't realize he was into football too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

not a bad signing.

knows the ins and outs of gamification

 

Wink_Martindale_2010.jpg

You ninja'ed me.

Bastard. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

not a bad signing.

knows the ins and outs of gamification

 

Wink_Martindale_2010.jpg

What in Caucasia...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

It's been 2 good years. The defense was better than the offense in a 10 win playoff team in 2018. He hasn't had quite the talent of Ravens defenses of the past, especially in the front-7. We don't know if he's great or anything, not enough years to say, but it's good to keep him happy for now. 

Like you said, coaches contracts doesn't really matter much. It could be one of those things where the newest "pretty good" free agent gets the new highest. Since there's no cap, it's just money out a billionaire/billion dollar organization's pocket.

Some Ravens fans were concerned about that when he first got the job, but it was one season that's almost a decade away now. That was under Josh McDaniels and it seemed like everything kind of fell apart under him in Denver.

This can't be a standard expectation? Theres no way a team outside the pro bowl replicates the talent level where prime Suggs was arguably the 4th or 5th best player on the defense. Dude, has two good years. He deserves to be paid if the Ravens don't want him salivating for a Head Coaching gig elsewhere. The organization showing why it stays stable getting this done and rewarding someone who has had success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Watch them be cheeks this year. #Nocap

YEAH BRO, WATCH EM GET CLAPPED IT'LL BE SICK 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×