Stupid Mock Before Combine

festiveonion

I would rather favor being realistic when it comes to mocking but I'm a dumb idiot so this is all guesswork and nonsense. I don't really do trades cause they're impossible to predict.
This is especially dumb seeing as how none of these prospects are going to be in their same slots days from now.

ft. prospects, players, and decisions that seem like realistic targets for this organization + unabashed favoritism on my part.

Cut:
Jimmy Graham, Lane Taylor [@ ~40mil cap]

Resigning/Extension/Additions:

Bulaga
Crosby
Ervin
Big Dawg
/
Lazard
Sullivan
Tonyan
Lancaster
Kumerow
[@~30mil]
/
Robbie Anderson WR [@~ 22mil]
(Of all the available FA this one just makes the most sense. Not the most expensive. Already a player. FO as already shown interest. Obvious need at WR.)

DJ Reader DL [@~ 10mil]
(This position needs to be addressed aggressively. O'Brian is a moron. Maybe Reader's agent (is it Rosenhaus?) makes fun of Bill's chin and he lets the steadily improving 25 year old walk. Reader is a load at like 470lbs but played 700+ snaps last year successfully. He remains a 3 down guy.)
FA ILB TBD
Maybe its a cap casualty. Maybe they go after the aging but underrated Raven in Josh Bynes. Maybe the Packers decide years of ILB mediocrity justifies wrestling Littleton away from the strapped Rams. History says nah.
There's too many moving pieces right now but with a thicc line Pettine needs boys who can fly behind. Let's say its Pierre Louis or a similar graded +speed guy. [@~ 5 mil]

Draft

Justin Jefferson WR LSU
6'3 192

You already know.

Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn
6'5 305

I'll be the first to say I really have no idea how to evaluate offensive linemen. I'm looking for athletes at the position since that seems to be the theme with Gute. His name is cool.

Rashard Lawrence DL LSU
6'2 310
Kinda wanted to go Elliott from Missouri here especially with picking up Reader. I doubt he's available tho. Plug him in this slot if it makes you feel better. 

Jeremy Chinn S/LB Southern Illinois
6'3 220

Small school playmaker. Chinn should be able to move around the backend, push Amos into the box on early downs. Ideally subbing as a LB when needed. Keeps versatility high on the back end. 
Packers fans clamor for Quintez but he either goes right before our pick or even more hilariously 3 picks after. 

Cheyanne O'Grady TE Arkansas
6'4 250

Dude doesn't like getting tackled. I like Jace and Tonyan but we need bodies, talent and versatility here. Kinda small for what I think we need next to those other young guys but I dig him too much.

James Lynch DL Baylor
6'4 285

Draftniks have this guy all over the place and admittedly I have no idea where he goes. Super productive in college. Short arms. Ball player. Send a lower pick to move up if necessary. We need another guy on the line and I don't have the money anymore to sign someone. Maybe someone comes to GB on a cheap deal who can spell snaps. Until then he's the pick. 

Justin Strnad LB Wake Forest
6'3 235

Pure LB needs to be addressed. While Strnad might not have enough vowels in his name he does have sideline to sideline potential. 

Darius Anderson RB TCU
5'11 195

Ehh? We need a RB. I don't think he fits great but he's fast and it looks like the only RB we have on the roster with a chance to sniff a second contract with the Packers is Williams. 

Shaq Quarterman LB Miami

6'1 240

He got me. That ******* Quarterman boomed me. 
Thumpy. Still need those guys even if the value isn't what it used to be. He probably goes way earlier but it's the 7th round but it's a mock. This is secure 'what it' territory.

Lavert Hill CB Michigan
5'11 180

Need a body. He's gone so pick your favorite crappy late round CB prospect with a cooler name. EDGE probably needs another guy too. I didn't like anyone here. 

QB- Rodgers, Wilkins,^ Boyle
RB- Jones, Williams, Ervin,^ Williams, Anderson, Crockett // Vitale
WR- Adams, Anderson, Jefferson, Lazard, MVS, EQ,^ Kumerow, Shepherd, Taylor
TE- Sternberger, Tonyan, Lewis, O’Grady,^ Baylis, Looney
OL- Bak, Bulaga, Jenkins, Linsley, Turner, Patrick, Prince, Madison^ Nijman, Conway

DL- Clark, Reader, Lowry, Lawrence, Keke, Lynch, Adams, Lancaster^
EDGE- Z, Preston, Gary, Ramsey,^ Williams
LB- Burks, Chinn*, Summers, Strand, Bolton,^ Quarterman
CB- Jah, King, Jackson, Sullivan, Hollman, Hill, Ento
DB- Amos, Savage, Chinn*, Greene, Campbell,^ Redmond 

ST- Crosby, Scott, Bradley 

That CB group is gross. Jackson and one of Hollman or Sullivan need to produce. 

Maybe leftover cash can go into that group.

Feel free to rip apart my intelligence and managerial skills in the comments.

• Like 3

I don't know squat about the draft, but your mock made for entertaining reading! I enjoyed your narrative and like your rationale for some of your picks - 'cool name,' 'best crappy late rounder,'  'While Strnad might not have enough vowels in his name he does have sideline to sideline potential.'

Great stuff! Thanks for posting! 

• Like 1

Hey, there's nothing "stupid" about your effort. I found it both sensible and humorous, although AlexGreen #20 is right about the free agents' money. Maybe one useful point to consider is this: you pick six defensive players, and likely that is a bit much. One of the mid-round picks probably will be a QB and another will be a second wideout. Thanks for the mock!

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Anderson is going to sign like 4/45.

Reader is probably going to do the same. Dude shouldn't be playing on 3rd down though. 12 pressures on 700 snaps isn't what you're trying to put next to Clark. 

Those sound fair. 

Kinda formatted it poorly. [bracketed] number is cap space available after signing said player lol. Reader on 10 would be nice. 

I thought he proved productive on 3rd down. Think you’re right for sure tho. Maybe not the best fit and not ideal to have him out there all the time. But he’s young and can ball. 

Where u think Elliot goes? He fit on this defense? 

7 hours ago, Gypsy1027 said:

Hey, there's nothing "stupid" about your effort. I found it both sensible and humorous, although AlexGreen #20 is right about the free agents' money. Maybe one useful point to consider is this: you pick six defensive players, and likely that is a bit much. One of the mid-round picks probably will be a QB and another will be a second wideout. Thanks for the mock!

I like Wilkins more than the value on the mid round guys. A backup QB isn’t going to move the needle regardless. Tick too early to draft for Rodgers replacement. We likely go high 2020 or 2021. Doesn’t mean we don’t address it tho  

Signing Anderson negates the need for another WR. Adding two quality guys to this group is good. Lazard and EQ as your 3/4 and 4/5 is a solid position to be in. 

at least that was my rationale... lol

Appreciate it! 

On 2/22/2020 at 7:11 PM, Gypsy1027 said:

One of the mid-round picks probably will be a QB

I'm guessing that a mid - round QB won't beat out Tim Boyle and therefore won't make the 2020 roster.
So that suggests spending the pick on a different, potentially more useful position