Which division would have the best super team?

Bolts223

On 22/02/2020 at 10:44 PM, Bolts223 said:

On a quick glance I want to say the NFC West.

Here would be the AFC Wests roughly (Don't really know the other divisions well enough to do a full breakdown)

Note: If a player is currently a FA I am counting them towards the team they played for most recently.

HC: Andy Reid

OC: (Probably still Andy)

DC: Vic Fangio

QB - Mahomes, Rivers, Carr

RB - Jacobs, Lindsay, Gordon

WR - Hill, Allen, Sutton

TE - Kelce, Henry, Waller

OT: Mitchell Schwartz, Trent Brown

OG: Honestly not sure tbh. I think we aren't a good division for guards.

C: Mike Pouncey/Hudson

DT: Chris Jones, Johnathan Hankins

DE: Joey Bosa, Frank Clark, Bradley Chubb

LB: Von Miller, ??? (I guess we aren't a great division for LB's)

SS: Derwin James

FS: Tyrann Matthieu

CB: Casey Hayward, Desmond King, Chris Harris

Richie Incognito was superb all year at LG for the Raiders and we had an injured Gabe Jackson at RG who could be very good if fully fit. Richie would definitely get in and play at a Pro Bowl level. I thought Dalton Risner was excellent and a guy I loved in the draft process, shame he's with the Broncos 😁 but he must be there or thereabouts.

15 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Uh, what?

Rams WRs are much better than the Seahawks and Niners. DBs are better than Seattle's and probably the Niners too.

Anyways, the NFC West takes this because the defense would be unreal. Add Donald and Jones to the Niners DL....yikes. Then you have Ramsey, Peterson and Sherman on the backend with Wagner in the middle....lol. Nobody is moving on that defense.

Fred Warner with Wagner 👀😮

13 hours ago, animaltested said:

Everyone talking about it, but nobody posted. Did my best, offense line was sad a heck. I bet Rams fans will find something wrong will this.

QB - Russell Wilson 

RB - Chris Carson // Raheem Mostert // Kenyon Drake

FB - Kyle Juszyzck

TE - George Kittle // Tyler Higbee // Will Dissly 

WR - Cooper Kupp // Robert Woods // Emanuel Sanders // DK Metcalf

Slot - Tyler Lockett // Deebo Samuel

LT - Joe Staley // Duane Brown

LG - Laken Tomilnson // Corbett ? Pugh?

C - Weston Richburg // Blythe? // Shipley?

RG - Mike Person // DJ Fluker ? Edwards?

RT - Mike McGlinchey // Havenstein?  

LDE - Nick Bosa // Michael Brockers?

DT - Aaron Donald // DeForest Buckner // Jarren Reed? CJ Jones? Poona Ford?

RDE - Jadeveon Clowney // Arik Armstead

EDGE - Chandler Jones // Dante Fowler

MLB - Bobby Wagner // Cory Littleton

OLB - KJ Wright // Dre Greenlaw // Kwon Alexander

CB - Richard Sherman // Jalen Ramsey // Patrick Peterson // Shaq Griffin

SS - Bradley McDougald // Taylor Rapp // Tartt?

FS - Quienton Diggs ? Budda Baker ? Jimmy Ward?

Fred Warner???

16 hours ago, animaltested said:

Everyone talking about it, but nobody posted. Did my best, offense line was sad a heck. I bet Rams fans will find something wrong will this.

I think you were referencing the Gurley omission but the safety position is what I see is wrong. John Johnson is easily the Rams best safety and argubably best in division. 

18 hours ago, Duluther said:

I'd take Metcalf and Lockett as my top two because they're not only good but have chemistry with the team's QB: Wilson. I'd take Deebo as the third receiver/weapon. At best, the Rams would make 4/5/6.

Do you want Schottenheimer calling plays on this team too? I wouldn't want to ruin the chemistry of the high powered Seattle offense. 

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Do you want Schottenheimer calling plays on this team too? I wouldn't want to ruin the chemistry of the high powered Seattle offense. 

You start with your QB and build around him. No reason to switch his receivers if there's known chemistry and effectiveness. I don't feel your comparison, which hinges itself on stats, is important. At the end of almost every game, Seattle's offense - mainly RW and his receivers - make the plays that need to be made. That's important.

10 minutes ago, Duluther said:

You start with your QB and build around him. No reason to switch his receivers if there's known chemistry and effectiveness. I don't feel your comparison, which hinges itself on stats, is important. At the end of almost every game, Seattle's offense - mainly RW and his receivers - make the plays that need to be made. That's important.

The reason to switch is to improve the WRs. Why did Seattle bother to even draft DK? They should have just ran it back with the 2018 offense instead of potentially hurting chemistry. And why have Deebo as the 3rd WR? Give me Jaron Brown or David Moore. It's not like Seattle's offense is even elite to begin with. It would be one thing if they were a 30 point offense but they much closer to average. If they were the Ravens offense then I can see wanting to keep those pieces together. Seattle's offense only is elite at the QB position. Everywhere else could be upgraded. 

Stats are important. All 3 of the Rams WRs have produced more than anyone in the division besides obviously Fitz and Sanders whose best days are behind them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, animaltested said:

QB - Russell Wilson 

RB - Chris Carson // Raheem Mostert // Kenyon Drake

FB - Kyle Juszyzck

TE - George Kittle // Tyler Higbee // Will Dissly 

WR - Cooper Kupp // Robert Woods // Emanuel Sanders // DK Metcalf

Slot - Tyler Lockett // Deebo Samuel

LT - Joe Staley // Duane Brown

LG - Laken Tomilnson // Corbett ? Pugh?

C - Weston Richburg // Blythe? // Shipley?

RG - Mike Person // DJ Fluker ? Edwards?

RT - Mike McGlinchey // Havenstein?  

LDE - Nick Bosa // Michael Brockers?

DT - Aaron Donald // DeForest Buckner // Jarren Reed? CJ Jones? Poona Ford?

RDE - Jadeveon Clowney // Arik Armstead

EDGE - Chandler Jones // Dante Fowler

MLB - Bobby Wagner // Cory Littleton

OLB - KJ Wright // Dre Greenlaw // Kwon Alexander

CB - Richard Sherman // Jalen Ramsey // Patrick Peterson // Shaq Griffin

I honestly didn't feel like looking up all the names of the Niners players. Getting older and can't remember everyone, but almost did it and just put "Niners OL"...haha.

Littleton is better than KJ Wright

John Johnson is probably the best safety in the division, but he was injured last year

Whitworth probably cracks the OL, but again, the Niners killed it so that's fine

Can't give you too much crap though because I didn't do it and you did. Thanks!

I also can't imagine better coaching than this:

HC - McVay

OC - Shanahan

DC - Carroll

Only put McVay as HC because Carroll is the defensive guy and Shanahan is a better play caller

22 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Not as important as the fact that Kupp and Woods are just.....so much better than Lockett and Metcalf.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I think you were referencing the Gurley omission but the safety position is what I see is wrong. John Johnson is easily the Rams best safety and argubably best in division. 

Nah, referencing the fact Rams fans will go total war on a attacking a minuscule difference. 

7 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Nah, referencing the fact Rams fans will go total war on a attacking a minuscule difference. 

I don't see any of that in this topic. If anything you were probably more generous with the Rams by listing 4 as potential OL. Maybe that says more about Seattle's and Arizonas line but those 4 were brutal in 2019. 

49 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't see any of that in this topic. If anything you were probably more generous with the Rams by listing 4 as potential OL. Maybe that says more about Seattle's and Arizonas line but those 4 were brutal in 2019. 

The best way I can describe the NFC Wests Offensive Line situation:

A styrofoam fire, inside a dumpster fire, ontop of a tire fire. 

Funny thing is, the 9ers line seemed to be ranked in the middle of the pack league wide, yet you cannot improve it by adding linemen from Seazonles.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Gurley in the Niners run game. Very similar set up to what he had under McVay before we messed up the OL. I'm still of the mind that the regression is a perfect storm of not having the line to support a run game and therefore coming up with different ideas. He was still the best performing RB on the Rams team, the other two: Brown and Henderson, showed it was far from an ideal set up. I'm still taking him as the most talented back in the NFCW. 

I'm going:
Russell Wilson - Seahawks
Todd Gurley - Rams
George Kittle - Niners
Cooper Kupp - Rams
Robert Woods - Rams
Deebo Samuel - Niners
Joe Staley - Niners
Laken Tomlinson - Niners
Weston Richburg - Niners
David Edwards - Rams
Mike McGlinchey - Niners

Nick Bosa - Niners
Aaron Donald - Rams
DeForest Buckner - Niners
Jadeveon Clowney - Seahawks
Bobby Wagner - Seahawks
Cory Littleton - Rams
Kwon Alexander - Niners
Jalen Ramsey - Rams
Budda Baker - Cardinals
John Johnson - Rams
Richard Sherman - Niners

Strength: the defensive line has got to be the best out of all the divisions. The talent in WR is deep and full of grafters - I like Deebo, Woods and Kupp as starting options. 
Weakness: the offensive line is perhaps the weakest out of the divisions. Staley and McGlinchey are towards the top end of tackles. I think the guards/centre are lacking in both depth and quality though. It has to be the weakest throughout the divisions.