Packers re-sign Mason Crosby to 3 year deal

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, crfalker05 said:

Can’t find the tweet but someone complained about him being paid that much at his age - 700k more and he’s the highest paid kicker in the league, 700k less and he’s something like 16th. Hard to be upset about it. Draft someone in 2 years. 

Lord people complaining about a kickers age and contract. Kickers can play till they're like 45, he's only 35. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Don’t know where else to put this, but is there anyone alive who does NOT think the NFL should steal the XFL’s kickoff?

That is literally the only way that a kickoff should ever be done and I think it’s genius.

Kickoffs are safer AND meaningful again.

Yeah, absolutely agreed. I hate the fact you used the word genius because that's what I wanted to use and I don't want to sound like a parrot here. However, that's exactly what it is, it's literally the answer to the question the NFL has been trying to figure out for the better part of the past decade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Don’t know where else to put this, but is there anyone alive who does NOT think the NFL should steal the XFL’s kickoff?

That is literally the only way that a kickoff should ever be done and I think it’s genius.

Kickoffs are safer AND meaningful again.

Enlighten me please. I haven't watched an XFL game.

How would you fix the onside kick? Long back and forth about this at work the other day. Currently, if you’re down 3 scores with ~7 to play you’re pretty much done. 2014 NFCCG never happens. 

My opinion was you have 1 play to get a 1st down. I can be swayed on distance and location, but I said 10 yards from your own 35 or 15 from the 40 - this way, even if you’re stopped, you still have a slight chance of forcing a punt instead of an automatic FG.  Get the ball where the down is finished and they get it where they stop you. If there is a penalty (holding for example) you still have to go for it. 

41 minutes ago, crfalker05 said:

How would you fix the onside kick? Long back and forth about this at work the other day. Currently, if you’re down 3 scores with ~7 to play you’re pretty much done. 2014 NFCCG never happens. 

My opinion was you have 1 play to get a 1st down. I can be swayed on distance and location, but I said 10 yards from your own 35 or 15 from the 40 - this way, even if you’re stopped, you still have a slight chance of forcing a punt instead of an automatic FG.  Get the ball where the down is finished and they get it where they stop you. If there is a penalty (holding for example) you still have to go for it. 

I think 1 down to get 15 or 20 yards from with the ball at your own 40.  Defensive penalty cannot be a conversion.  yardage enforced, but need to run/pass for the necessary yardage.