Jump to content
Nick_gb

Packers re-sign Mason Crosby to 3 year deal

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Sure, I'll Google that for you.  ;)

 

I love this actually. You don't have 10 guys running full speed down the field and you cant move until the kick returner has the ball. NFL should be jizzing about this amount of saftey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thanks, OP, you're right. NFL should do this.

This is dope the stadium got pretty loud.
Kudos to STL for showing out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Don’t know where else to put this, but is there anyone alive who does NOT think the NFL should steal the XFL’s kickoff?

That is literally the only way that a kickoff should ever be done and I think it’s genius.

Kickoffs are safer AND meaningful again.

Even like a return to the 30 feels like it might get broken too. It's way more exciting and safer on top of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Even like a return to the 30 feels like it might get broken too. It's way more exciting and safer on top of it.

And also imagine a squib kick for an onside kick attempt.  Have the ball bouncing near offensive linemen where the ball might as well be a bomb for how often they touch it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And also imagine a squib kick for an onside kick attempt.  Have the ball bouncing near offensive linemen where the ball might as well be a bomb for how often they touch it.  

That'd be illegal with the XFL rules. Ball has to go past the 20 before it touches the ground or it's the same as kicking it out of bounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, squire12 said:

I think 1 down to get 15 or 20 yards from with the ball at your own 40.  Defensive penalty cannot be a conversion.  yardage enforced, but need to run/pass for the necessary yardage.  

So you’re saying if there is DPI for 37 yards, offense gets the yardage but still have to get 15-20 to keep the ball?

I guess that’s not the end of the world. What happens if the offense scores? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, crfalker05 said:

So you’re saying if there is DPI for 37 yards, offense gets the yardage but still have to get 15-20 to keep the ball?

I guess that’s not the end of the world. What happens if the offense scores? 

Its gain the necessary yardage to have the ball.  In the instance where the team would score or pass the necessary yardage, the offense would get the ball at the yardline that was required to gain possession.  

Example:  1 down to gain 20 yards, ball at 35.  Yard to gain is the opposing 45.  any play that gains yardage beyond that would have the offense gain possession starting at the 45.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the official numbers for his contract been released yet?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, Outpost31 said:

Somebody check on @skibrett15.

this is a mistake, but it's only a slight raise and assuming all salaries rise he should be a middle of the road guy getting paid a middle of the road salary by next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crosby signing details

3 years, $12.9M with $3M signing bonus

2020 base $1.4M, cap hit $4.0M

2021 base $1.5M, cap hit $4.5M

2022 base $2.25M, cap hit $4.4M

Looks like an out after 2nd year and certainly the 3rd year if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Crosby signing details

3 years, $12.9M with $3M signing bonus

2020 base $1.4M, cap hit $4.0M

2021 base $1.5M, cap hit $4.5M

2022 base $2.25M, cap hit $4.4M

Looks like an out after 2nd year and certainly the 3rd year if needed.

I would hope there's an out after the 3rd year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I would hope there's an out after the 3rd year.

good catch.  should be out after 1st and certainly after the second.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crosby needs one of these to fulfill his Packer career.
Most here weren't even born yet, but this was an epic moment in the Packers- bears rivalry

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×