Packers re-sign Mason Crosby to 3 year deal

Nick_gb

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Don’t know where else to put this, but is there anyone alive who does NOT think the NFL should steal the XFL’s kickoff?

That is literally the only way that a kickoff should ever be done and I think it’s genius.

Kickoffs are safer AND meaningful again.

Even like a return to the 30 feels like it might get broken too. It's way more exciting and safer on top of it.

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Even like a return to the 30 feels like it might get broken too. It's way more exciting and safer on top of it.

And also imagine a squib kick for an onside kick attempt.  Have the ball bouncing near offensive linemen where the ball might as well be a bomb for how often they touch it.  

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And also imagine a squib kick for an onside kick attempt.  Have the ball bouncing near offensive linemen where the ball might as well be a bomb for how often they touch it.  

That'd be illegal with the XFL rules. Ball has to go past the 20 before it touches the ground or it's the same as kicking it out of bounds.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

I think 1 down to get 15 or 20 yards from with the ball at your own 40.  Defensive penalty cannot be a conversion.  yardage enforced, but need to run/pass for the necessary yardage.  

So you’re saying if there is DPI for 37 yards, offense gets the yardage but still have to get 15-20 to keep the ball?

I guess that’s not the end of the world. What happens if the offense scores? 

20 minutes ago, crfalker05 said:

So you’re saying if there is DPI for 37 yards, offense gets the yardage but still have to get 15-20 to keep the ball?

I guess that’s not the end of the world. What happens if the offense scores? 

Its gain the necessary yardage to have the ball.  In the instance where the team would score or pass the necessary yardage, the offense would get the ball at the yardline that was required to gain possession.  

Example:  1 down to gain 20 yards, ball at 35.  Yard to gain is the opposing 45.  any play that gains yardage beyond that would have the offense gain possession starting at the 45.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Crosby signing details

3 years, $12.9M with $3M signing bonus

2020 base $1.4M, cap hit $4.0M

2021 base $1.5M, cap hit $4.5M

2022 base $2.25M, cap hit $4.4M

Looks like an out after 2nd year and certainly the 3rd year if needed.

I would hope there's an out after the 3rd year.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...