Why is Tua getting a pass?

whodatworm23

Regardless if you agree or not with a player like Joe Burrow taking control of his career and saying he does not want to play in Cincinnati (which he has not done by the way) is irrelevant. I’m sure we all have our own opinions on this subject and the way Burrow hems and haws around the question is somewhat telling and he’s even taken a lot of heat over it.

All the while there’s Tua Tagovailoa and his family openly stating they don’t want to go to the Lions, stating the Dolphins is the “preferred destination” while the Cowboys is the “Dream Destination”. I just don’t understand why Burrow is taking all this heat in the media for something he has not done while at the same time Tua is getting a pass for actually doing that very same thing!

Is anyone else noticing this??? 

Can you imagine if Burrow was not a Ohio native? Would Tua and the Tagovailoa family be all excited to possibly be going to Cincinnati? By the way they are treating some other city’s I highly doubt that Tua would be open to heading to Ohio to start his career. Honestly I don’t know why I felt the need to bring this up, lol but just wanted to come to Burrows defense here and kinda call Tua and his family out a bit as being kinda divaish.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

*Citations needed 

Is the Lions thing a direct quote... no but that’s the point, the information is getting out yet Tua takes no heat. Burrow on the other hand has no direct quotes but he’s got heat.

is it simply because Burrow will be the #1 pick? Is it accepted now for a prospect who isn’t going #1 to act in this manner but if your set to go #1 you shouldn’t?

Maybe because there is a possibility that Burrow could bring the Bengals franchise back to respectability?  They have been to a couple of Super Bowls, and were competitive in both.  

Who in their right mind would want to be the face of the Lions organization?  That franchise has been hapless since before the Super Bowl era.  If not for the reincarnated Browns, the Lions would be, by far, the most hopeless NFL franchise.

I'm of the opinion that Tua will be a bust, but I guess at least we won't have the DET franchise to blame for it.

47 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

Maybe because there is a possibility that Burrow could bring the Bengals franchise back to respectability?  They have been to a couple of Super Bowls, and were competitive in both.  

Who in their right mind would want to be the face of the Lions organization?  That franchise has been hapless since before the Super Bowl era.  If not for the reincarnated Browns, the Lions would be, by far, the most hopeless NFL franchise.

I'm of the opinion that Tua will be a bust, but I guess at least we won't have the DET franchise to blame for it.

I get it... look I’m a Saints fan (40 years) I truly get it. No NFL team was as hapless as the Aints and I saw first hand what a special quarterback can do for a franchise but on the other hand I’m of the belief that any franchise can be saved with the right guy under center after experiencing what Brees did for New Orleans. I’ll admit I’m biased on this subject though.

3 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I get it... look I’m a Saints fan (40 years) I truly get it. No NFL team was as hapless as the Aints and I saw first hand what a special quarterback can do for a franchise but on the other hand I’m of the belief that any franchise can be saved with the right guy under center after experiencing what Brees did for New Orleans. I’ll admit I’m biased on this subject though.

I don't think it should be put out there by the player or his reps, though.  It's easy enough to tell the team privately if they bring you in for an official visit "hey, it seems like a great city, but I'm not the guy you want to draft"

1 minute ago, TDTimes said:

I don't think it should be put out there by the player or his reps, though.  It's easy enough to tell the team privately if they bring you in for an official visit "hey, it seems like a great city, but I'm not the guy you want to draft"

I agree, I think it’s a bad move because NFL teams are gonna do what they want and won’t have young kids telling them what they can and can’t do. NFL owners will play hardball and all the kid does is alienate the city and fan base where he will most likely be playing for the 1st 7 years of his career. I’m sure they have been many prospects that told teams as such behind closed doors... Sean Payton always tells local radio of the time we drafted Reggie Bush. He says, Reggie always publicly said the right things and never alienated New Orleans but behind the scenes he and his agent told Mickey Loomis and Payton they did not want to be drafted by the Saints and tried to orchestrate a trade to the Jets who had the 4th pick at the time I think. Payton’s recalls talking to Bush on the phone and Bush stating that he preferred the larger market for his marketing potential and was concern about the region post Katrina. Payton let’s Bush finish then tells him “well that’s nice and all Reggie but that’s not how the NFL works, we’re drafting you at 2 and that’s it” Payton says the next time he and Reggie spoke was after he was drafted.

The point... no matter how popular Or special these kids think they are, NFL franchises are gonna do what is best for them and a lil morning and groaning isn’t gonna deter them.    

Maybe it's because Tua is injured and his destination isn't clear yet. If Tua was the consensus #2 or #3 pick, he would catch more heat. But since there is a chance of him falling, (No way he falls out of the top 9 IMO), maybe a team that wants him could move up to get him. 

Teams are going to do their evals of him during the combine (I know he can't do much physically, but he can still interview and take the mental tests). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Is the Lions thing a direct quote... no but that’s the point, the information is getting out yet Tua takes no heat. Burrow on the other hand has no direct quotes but he’s got heat.

is it simply because Burrow will be the #1 pick? Is it accepted now for a prospect who isn’t going #1 to act in this manner but if your set to go #1 you shouldn’t?

why does this not match what you said in your op at all?