Offseason Mock 1.5

Bishop86

12 hours ago, Bishop86 said:

$10m mil per for a starting G/C? $12 mil for a Pro Bowl CB1? $5 mil for a starting safety?... all with familiarity with our system? We are the Detroit Lions. We will have to overpay, bottom line (ex: Trey Flowers, making Justin Coleman the highest paid Nickel back). We don't win much and our coaching staff/ front office is in a make or break year.  This topic has been raised at Pride of Detroit.  Not to mention we have 4 starting positions to fill, and we are middle of the pack in cap space. Money will be flowing for the top guys. That's alot of stress for the front office.   I originally had a different FA class, but as Snacks was released and Amendola was resigned, priorities got shifted.  We can not rely on the draft to fill holes. We have to make sure to fill holes before we draft, so we can take best player available and add actual talent. 

I get your point but you cant over pay just because you think nobody will come to Detroit. GG is a good player but he is not a 10 mil a year player IMO. I think he can be replaced in the draft in rd 3 or 4. Slay as stated before I think its time to move on. Guy will be 30 next year and his play slipped last year. Like the guy but you cannot be the nice guy in this situation. Trade him. Wilson I dont hate as much as he played well last year but I just think we can get an upgrade in FA or draft. I wouldnt hate that re-signing though. I respect you went the more conservative route in your mock though. 

10 hours ago, Bishop86 said:

Fulgham and Hall are not signed beyond 2020, so the cupboard is actually that bare.  And we're talking about Fulgham and Hall.... not exactly household names. I get the need for a RB, and I could have certainly went for one. My angle is value.  There are only 5 RBs in the top 100 consentually in draft circles.  There are 18-20 WR's within the top 100.  

Fulgham is an ERFA so he isn't going anywhere unless the Lions choose to walk away from him. Hall is a UFA in 2021 but really, he's going to be on the Lions roster unless they choose to walk away from him. You're not wrong, neither of these guys is a household name but that's quite often the case for your 4th and 5th WR's. 

2020: Golladay, M. Jones, D. Amendola, 2020 Rookie, M. Hall, T. Fulgham > Not a bad group

2021: Golladay, 2020 Rookie, 2020 Vet FA, 2021 Rookie, M. Hall > Also not a bad group

Daniel Jeremiah has 27 WR's with rounds 1-3 grades. The draft traditionally has about 35 WR's that are drafted. The combine has invited 55 WR's. Assuming things stay in line with history, there are likely guys who would normally have round 4 grades available in the 6th and 7th. There are guys that would normally be draftable that will be UDFA's. I don't think the elite level talent is there over past years it's just the overall depth of the class is super deep with really good players. The RB group is less so.