Week 3 GDT - Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Figured I would make this thread since we have an early game this week.

Can the passing game finally get going? I mean the Rams pass defense is top 5 right now so it won't be easy. Just want to see some competence from that area.

We need a heavy dose of Hyde/Breida. Shanahan still didn't commit to the run nearly enough until the end of the half when Hyde started to break some big runs. The Rams will probably stack the box and force Hoyer to beat them.

Interested in seeing how the Ward/Tartt duo look. All three of our safeties have looked really good to start the season but Reid probably won't play.

Was the dominant pass rush vs Seattle due to their OL, or due to the changes Saleh made? Will know more after playing the Rams.

Our corners have held up fairly well to start the season, but Kupp/Watkins will test them. But time for them to get a INT or two. 

I think we win this game by a score. 20-13.

Like the Rams to win here. Really, I'm just hoping we can finally score an offensive touchdown. I think the Rams simply have a better team than us. I do think that we'll finally get on the board with a touchdown, but I don't think that it'll be enough. I could see something like 23-13 Rams. 

Our only three wins in the last 23 or so games have come against the Rams LOL. I think this game is pretty much a pick-em. Our defense should be able to hold their offense in check and vice versa. It will probably come down to a big play in the passing game. And you would have to favor the Rams there after seeing how pathetic our passing game has been. But I'm still going with us by a score anyways xD.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our only three wins in the last 23 or so games have come against the Rams LOL. I think this game is pretty much a pick-em. Our defense should be able to hold their offense in check and vice versa. It will probably come down to a big play in the passing game. And you would have to favor the Rams there after seeing how pathetic our passing game has been. But I'm still going with us by a score anyways xD.

I usually always favor home teams in the thursday matchup, but humorously, we actually have further to travel for this game than they do, so I don't think that we will see that advantage like a lot of teams will. And yeah, right now, I trust their offense more than ours. Though they still have yet to get Gurley really going in the run game. I agree with what you said - I think that they are going to sell out on the run on us, and that may cause issues.

I think the Kupp / Williams matchup is going to be interesting as Kupp is not your typical slot receiver.

Will say though that I'm really happy with the play of Staley and Brown on the outside. I'm curious how they will utilize Donald. I haven't watched the rams really this year...a little here and there, but mostly their offense. I'm assuming they are fully vested into the 3-4, and I have to wonder if that works to our benefit. I would have been terrified of Donald in the 4-3 coming through the interior, but his role would be different as a 3-4 end. I'm not sure if they have changed his situation and role in this new defense or not though. 

Gurley finally seemed to get going last game. But I'm confident our run defense will hold him in check. In the passing game he could give us some problems though. 

As for Donald, he's going to dominate as he usually does. Our OL is facing some elite interior DL in the first three games.

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'm hoping to see Coyle get a look over Armstrong this week, but ideally neither are on the field on passing downs. Lorenzo Jerome should get some play with Reid hobbled. 

Yeah, we don't have very good cover LBs. I'd rather see an extra db in there.  Frankly I was hoping for ward and reid to be ballin at safety so we could use Tartt in that role.

I just havent seen enough of Coyle to say he's as bad as Armstrong. He looked good on ST's. The other name that's an option is Elijah Lee. He might get the Tomlinson treatment where he goes from inactive to starter. I wouldnt be opposed, worst case he sucks just like Armstrong and Coyle. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I just havent seen enough of Coyle to say he's as bad as Armstrong. He looked good on ST's. The other name that's an option is Elijah Lee. He might get the Tomlinson treatment where he goes from inactive to starter. I wouldnt be opposed, worst case he sucks just like Armstrong and Coyle. 

Was just about to ask what happened to him and whether or not he was inactive last week. Couldn't remember if he was on the list or not. 

This is going to be my favourite of our games this year. Being in australia and + 12 hr time difference i wont have to stay up all night or get up super early to watch it. 

As for the actual game i think the rams have abit more talent than us so i say the rams win 24-13 with us scoring our first td in the 3rd quarter.  

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

This game is winnable. If not this one, then we're going to have a hard time beating anyone.  Suck for Rosen (Darnold, Rudolph, or whoever)!

I feel that could be underselling the rams. I don't think these guys are a bottom 7 team. There are at least two more winnable games than this one to me (colts, luck dependent, and bears). It's definitely winnable, but I don't think it's a game where we shouldn't be super upset if we lose, if that makes sense. Actually wondering if the cards game is more winnable

I'm expecting a big game from Hyde for you guys. He's seemed to start off the season pretty hot. We got gashed big time by Washington on the ground from the combination Kelley, Thompson, and Perine. Plus, Hyde always seems to play well against us.

Let's hope for a good injury free game Thursday night.

Archived