Week 3 GDT - Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

13 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I see us being able to put a consistent amount of pressure on Goff, he does not have the elusiveness of Russell Wilson so he's going to get dropped by Buckner and company. Gurley doesn't scare me much either and we've shut him down in the past. Offensively Hoyer is playing for a job this game, but we dont need much from him to win. Let Hyde and Breida do their thing against a pretty weak LB group. Hit Garcon on a slant or two, one big hit with Goodwin and we should be good. I dont see the rams scoring more than 14 points so if we can finally get in the endzone we should get a win. McVay is a sharp dude so he could prove me wrong with that offense. 

I wasn't too far off my predictions last week so this week I'll say Hyde/Breida combine for 200 yards from scrimmage. Kwaun Williams gets some kind of turnover, Kittle gets a TD in a big game as Hoyer's safety blanket, Buckner makes Goff defecate all over himself. 

49ers 20 - Rams 10

You're still thinking of the Jeff Fisher-led Rams. The Sean McVay-led Rams can move the ball and score. Todd Gurley looked like the Gurley of old last week. Gerald Everett and Cooper Kupp have been highly impressive rookies. Jared Goff has been a highly effective deep-ball thrower and is one of the league leaders in YPA. And the Rams OL isn't a dumpster fire like it has been in the past.

I'm interested to see how K'Waun Williams does against Kupp. Kupp has a lot of size on him.

34 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You're still thinking of the Jeff Fisher-led Rams. The Sean McVay-led Rams can move the ball and score. Todd Gurley looked like the Gurley of old last week. Gerald Everett and Cooper Kupp have been highly impressive rookies. Jared Goff has been a highly effective deep-ball thrower and is one of the league leaders in YPA. And the Rams OL isn't a dumpster fire like it has been in the past.

I'm interested to see how K'Waun Williams does against Kupp. Kupp has a lot of size on him.

McVay is the wildcard that I have respect for, he's a good coach I believe that. But Gurley really isn't very special to me, he's like a Darren McFadden type guy to me. Everrett is banged up and Goff was only effective week 1 as a deep ball thrower. Last week he only had a single completion past 15 yards. We're 2 games in and we've seen very up and down performances across the board with both teams. I think defensively the niners have shown more consistency against better competition. We need to put up points though and we've yet to show any ability to do that. It should be good.  

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

McVay is the wildcard that I have respect for, he's a good coach I believe that. But Gurley really isn't very special to me, he's like a Darren McFadden type guy to me. Everrett is banged up and Goff was only effective week 1 as a deep ball thrower. Last week he only had a single completion past 15 yards. We're 2 games in and we've seen very up and down performances across the board with both teams. I think defensively the niners have shown more consistency against better competition. We need to put up points though and we've yet to show any ability to do that. It should be good.  

That's because the Redskins schemed to take away the deep ball. Goff still averaged around 9 yards per attempt against them.

Whether or not Gurley is a Darren McFadden type, he's been highly effective as a weapon out of the backfield this year and is putting the ball in the end-zone.

And frankly, we haven't really seen up and down performances with both teams. The 49ers got beaten badly by the Panthers and lost a close one to the Seahawks. The Rams blew out the Colts and lost a close one to the Redskins. Those aren't exactly the same things.

Yea, this could be a close game because it's TNF between division rivals, but I don't think the 49ers have looked as good as the Rams thus far this year. Obviously, the major difference is that McVay has Goff playing like a starting QB, while Hoyer has not looked anything like that. 

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article174425576.html

So It looks like Eli Harold hurt his foot in practice this week but is listed as questionable for the game today.

I have been very unimpressed with him so far this year so this might give Dekoda Watson a good opportunity to pick up where he left off in the preseason. Depending if Eli can go or not we might also see our first action for PitaT who's been inactive the first 2 games. 

Well, this should be the first game of the season that I get to watch live.  Which unfortunately also means that I will not be following everyone's response to the game in real time.  Lets get our first win here and see a good game from our offensive line as well as a few sacks and maybe a touchdown through the air if I am not to greedy.

I'm a little disappointed that Witherspoon isn't at least active. This is a pretty weak corner group and although I'm not expecting him to be ready to start I would at least expect him to be in a backup role getting a few snaps here and there.

Archived