Week 3 GDT - Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Was just about to ask what happened to him and whether or not he was inactive last week. Couldn't remember if he was on the list or not. 

I havent seen the list I'm just assuming considering Boldin, Lynch, and Tomlinson were all active and inactive the week before, I was a bit off the grid for the game and leading up to it. Thats why I gave just that single lengthy post earlier, I woulnt be surprised to see Lee worked in similar to how Malcom Smith eased into the seahawks (Robert Saleh's) LB corp on situations early in his career from what I remember. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I feel that could be underselling the rams. I don't think these guys are a bottom 7 team. There are at least two more winnable games than this one to me (colts, luck dependent, and bears). It's definitely winnable, but I don't think it's a game where we shouldn't be super upset if we lose, if that makes sense. Actually wondering if the cards game is more winnable

Yep. We're a bottom 10 team with a chance to beat any other bottom 10 team.  We'll probably win a couple of those and lose a couple.  I thought the Rams were better than us last year and we won em both.This year I think we're closer. So we should have a reasonable chance at them this year.  Of course I understand they're better too. But we should at least have a chance.

12 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Yep. We're a bottom 10 team with a chance to beat any other bottom 10 team.  We'll probably win a couple of those and lose a couple.  I thought the Rams were better than us last year and we won em both.This year I think we're closer. So we should have a reasonable chance at them this year.  Of course I understand they're better too. But we should at least have a chance.

The funny thing is that they didn't need any new players to get better...I think that they got exponentially better with the firing of Fisher lol

So looks like he will be out the next two to three games. No big deal since we have Tartt....But apparently he has an neck injury himself. That's never good to hear. Hopefully it's just soreness. Our safeties from beginning of camp have really been banged up. If Tartt can't go either, who plays SS? Jerome and Ward are both FS. Do we go with Colbert or still Jerome? 

We might need to add a safety to the roster, these dudes are dropping like flies. Unless we have confidence in Colbert on deck. 

Rams are looking pretty thin at TE this week with Everette hobbled so the loss of Reid timed out well with that. We'll see who covers TE's, I'm hoping we dont see Solomon Thomas cover the flats again.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So looks like he will be out the next two to three games. No big deal since we have Tartt....But apparently he has an neck injury himself. That's never good to hear. Hopefully it's just soreness. Our safeties from beginning of camp have really been banged up. If Tartt can't go either, who plays SS? Jerome and Ward are both FS. Do we go with Colbert or still Jerome? 

I was trying to think if any of our corners had safety experience, but I'm thinking not. I'm a proponent of best guys on the field, so I'd just pair Jerome and ward if Tartt couldn't go

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I was trying to think if any of our corners had safety experience, but I'm thinking not. I'm a proponent of best guys on the field, so I'd just pair Jerome and ward if Tartt couldn't go

didn't Donte Johnson play safety in college? If worst comes to worst we might be able to throw him back there.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't want Johnson at safety. He's looking solid at CB minus the one breakdown in week 1 that led to a TD.

Just roll with Ward/Jerome and bring in Colbert if need be. 

But lets see where Tartt is on the injury report today. 

Yea I wouldn't start him at safety it's just assuming another one of our safeties get injured and we need to play him in an emergency.

I think Shanny has been torn a new one about no touchdowns in 8 quarters.  Yeah, we we're not expected to do much, but this is an NFL team.  Scoring a touchdown within 3 games is not just common, but expected.  

I think we'll come out strong on our first drive to make it happen.  Unfortunately, it all goes downhill from there and we lose anyway.  I just don't think we have the talent to consistently put whole drives together.  Not from what I've seen so far, anyway. 

On September 18, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Forge said:

Like the Rams to win here. Really, I'm just hoping we can finally score an offensive touchdown. I think the Rams simply have a better team than us. I do think that we'll finally get on the board with a touchdown, but I don't think that it'll be enough. I could see something like 23-13 Rams. 

Agreed.  Last week the Rams defensive front got pushed around by the Redskins offensive line - while I don't think the Niners offensive line is as good as Washington's, that is something to keep in mind.  Also, although it looks like Trumaine Johnson might play, there's a chance he could miss the game or even be limited if he does play, which would be a huge blow to the Rams secondary - so that is also something to watch out for.

Divisional games are always tricky and the Niners do play the Rams really tough.

I see us being able to put a consistent amount of pressure on Goff, he does not have the elusiveness of Russell Wilson so he's going to get dropped by Buckner and company. Gurley doesn't scare me much either and we've shut him down in the past. Offensively Hoyer is playing for a job this game, but we dont need much from him to win. Let Hyde and Breida do their thing against a pretty weak LB group. Hit Garcon on a slant or two, one big hit with Goodwin and we should be good. I dont see the rams scoring more than 14 points so if we can finally get in the endzone we should get a win. McVay is a sharp dude so he could prove me wrong with that offense. 

I wasn't too far off my predictions last week so this week I'll say Hyde/Breida combine for 200 yards from scrimmage. Kwaun Williams gets some kind of turnover, Kittle gets a TD in a big game as Hoyer's safety blanket, Buckner makes Goff defecate all over himself. 

49ers 20 - Rams 10

Archived