Coughdoggy pre combine 20 draft

NCOUGHMAN

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Alabama lined him on the outside all the time. They lined him up everywhere but I’ll agreee that it’s kinda sketchy because all the WRs at Alabama are first round talents

I know he got lined up everywhere but I can see him having trouble getting off the line vs nfl cbs who will jam him up. Imo he would be more effective in the slot with less chances to get jammed and more chances for mismatches. I question Jeudy being a outside wr in the nfl also

@NCOUGHMAN what do you reckon about these throws?

His staring down of receivers is concerning and how often was he throwing into coverage where another defender could have picked him off? 

Are these the kind of things you think Gruden can fix up (if he can be persuaded to take a 1st round QB).

Edited by Dessie

45 minutes ago, Dessie said:

@NCOUGHMAN what do you reckon about these throws?

His staring down of receivers is concerning and how often was he throwing into coverage where another defender could have picked him off? 

Are these the kind of things you think Gruden can fix up (if he can be persuaded to take a 1st round QB).

50/50 some stupid throws but some were wr’s fault also. I wish they made a video of dropped tds/passes. I think half the ints are eliminated with better wr options. Other half fixed with coaching. 

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

50/50 some stupid throws but some were wr’s fault also. I wish they made a video of dropped tds/passes. I think half the ints are eliminated with better wr options. Other half fixed with coaching. 

I don’t want to start an epic Carr debate in here but I do just want to say that the Love supporters and Carr supporters both say “if he just had better WRs”.  It’d be a smooth transition at least lol.

(this is just a joke to try and make people laugh)

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I know he got lined up everywhere but I can see him having trouble getting off the line vs nfl cbs who will jam him up. Imo he would be more effective in the slot with less chances to get jammed and more chances for mismatches. I question Jeudy being a outside wr in the nfl also

I posted the stat in the draft thread that it was a slight concern on mine that Vast majority of Jeudy’s snaps came in the slot.  
He’s got such amazing footwork I assume he can beat jams at the line but and they’re was so much WR talent there maybe it was just a scheme thing idk.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hate doing free agency and since this is just my first draft I went easy with players I pretty much guarantee we could get. 

I do 2 mocks one pre combine and one post combine to see if I trust my eyes before and after they test.

i could easily squeeze almost any fa in under my cap

i disagree I think if you watch some Utah st football you’ll see jordan isn’t the problem and he often had to put the team on his back to will them to a w. Sure he makes some mistakes but half those ints weren’t even his fault. Hard to discuss if you haven’t watch him play.

i don’t think it’s rebuild mode I think it’s being realistic and knowing when to hold um or fold um or walk away or run. I think Mariota will have a chip on his shoulder and he the healthiest he’s ever been. I think he could get us at least 7 wins especially with his ability to extend plays and drives with his mobility.

lewis imo is a stud him and his teammate Cush and top iol Doggs

dye is a gamer and if it wasn’t for Simmons and Patrick and Murray he’d be a top 20 pick 

I know it’s outside the box thinking but that’s my specialty

I respect that you signed those players And not Chris Jones, Corey Littleton, and AJ Green... lol.

ive watched a lot of love tape,,, I see a 1st round talent then I see a 5th round talent.  I just have him as a 2nd round QB, maybe even late first, because he had a lot of issues with decision making and mental processing.  He’s a love or hate prospect.  I don’t have but I’m not ripping it all down to rebuild with him.  Especially heading into a new stadium and the fact we can be a playoff team next year.  We weren’t that far this year and have 2 1sts and cap space.  Conservative spending and drafting and we can be a playoff team.  If Love was drafted at 19 I could live with it,,, let him develop under carr.  But I hate the idea of ripping it down for him.  To each his own though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I respect that you signed those players And not Chris Jones, Corey Littleton, and AJ Green... lol.

ive watched a lot of love tape,,, I see a 1st round talent then I see a 5th round talent.  I just have him as a 2nd round QB, maybe even late first, because he had a lot of issues with decision making and mental processing.  He’s a love or hate prospect.  I don’t have but I’m not ripping it all down to rebuild with him.  Especially heading into a new stadium and the fact we can be a playoff team next year.  We weren’t that far this year and have 2 1sts and cap space.  Conservative spending and drafting and we can be a playoff team.  If Love was drafted at 19 I could live with it,,, let him develop under carr.  But I hate the idea of ripping it down for him.  To each his own though.

Exactly what most of us "Carr homers" have been saying.  there is not instant upgrade that will be a long term fix.  Brady is a 2 year deal... after that, we are looking at Carr peers outside of what Burrow can become.  That is all..

16 minutes ago, Totty said:

Exactly what most of us "Carr homers" have been saying.  there is not instant upgrade that will be a long term fix.  Brady is a 2 year deal... after that, we are looking at Carr peers outside of what Burrow can become.  That is all..

We just have different views about Carr’s future with this team 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Chris jones isn’t leaving kc

littleton is a strong possibility 

A.J. green stays injured 

i hear you on the rest tho

Just agree to disagree lol

12 hours ago, Totty said:

Just because there is not an instant fix, why wouldn’t we draft Love and keep Carr a year? Or better yet, sign Brady and draft Love. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Agreed. 

I wouldn't draft him in the 1st round either, but I like his potential. If Mayock drafts him, then I could live with it.