Is there any team you think should have a 2019 Dolphins style tear down?

CP3MVP

If you had to pick one team that should “blow it up” in a complete rebuild like the dolphins did who would you pick? I remember a lions fan saying that if the Lions flop this year he would be cool with trading Stratford doing a complete house cleaning at GM/HC and starting over from scratch.

24 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

The idea itself is idiotic. Dolphins traded away a lot of young talent for younger unproven talent 

But then they finished with an even better record than most anyone thought they could, with just the guys they kept.

If they're frisky next year and hit on a couple of their early picks (thinking if they're just around .500 or so) I don't think we can call it idiotic. 

If it's stupid but it works then it ain't that stupid.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dome said:

But then they finished with an even better record than most anyone thought they could, with just the guys they kept.

Winning record over the last 9 games of 2019. A whopping three 1st-rd picks in 2020. Two 2nd-rd picks in 2020. Two 1st-rd picks in 2021. Two 2nd-rd picks in 2021. 

This formula should be in the Smithsonian. Except it's the same formula Jimmy Johnson did starting in 1989 so he gets full credit. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

wut?

I could *maybe* understand trading OBJ and Kareem, but that’s it.

The Browns rebuild every year, heck they're doing it this year lol. I don't think the current regime survives this year because browns. 

2 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

The Steelers/Patriots/Browns. 

What? The Patriots will be a playoff team regardless of Brady being there. 

The Steelers should trade away everyone? Who? They’re going to be fine once they get a Roethlisberger replacement. They don’t need to crash their whole roster to make that happen. 

The Browns have way too much young talent. Their HC last year was a moron that didn’t know how to utilize any of the talent. Why would they tear it apart right now?

Is this a troll post?

• Like 1

Here are the list of teams I think have a bleak future: (sorry, fans)

Bears

Broncos

Buccaneers

Giants

Jaguars

Lions

I think those are the only candidates for a full-scale rebuild. Out of those teams, the Giants have the least impressive roster. They do have a HOF-caliber RB and a QBOTF though. 

The team with the least excitable roster is Detroit. They have very little in the way of young talent. Plus they are gonna need a new QB very soon. They are the only team I can see nuking everything. 

• Like 1

It will never happen, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Vikings doing this.  As big of a Mike Zimmer fan as I've been since he got here, I'm really starting to waver on whether I think he can get this team to the promised land.  I would actually like to see us blow the thing up, trade whatever we can and get the #1 pick in next year's draft for Trevor Lawrence.  The problem is, if we were going to do that, we probably should have fired Spielman and Zimmer this year and tried to talk Kirk Cousins into letting us trade him.  Like I said, this isn't going to happen.  It's a pipe dream, but whatever.  I'll just have to find a way to make a quick $2-3 billion over the next few years and buy the team from the Wilfs.  Otherwise, it's back to business as usual. 

17 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

The Browns rebuild every year, heck they're doing it this year lol. I don't think the current regime survives this year because browns. 

Ok, but the Dolphins didn’t change their front office. They traded away all of their players. Are you really advocating that the Browns should do that? Remember, credibility is important. 

And the Browns are always in building mode because they didn’t have any raw talent on their team. They have oodles of talent now, but no idea how to utilize it. 

You’re being a silly goose. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? The Patriots will be a playoff team regardless of Brady being there. 

The Steelers should trade away everyone? Who? They’re going to be fine once they get a Roethlisberger replacement. They don’t need to crash their whole roster to make that happen. 

The Browns have way too much young talent. Their HC last year was a moron that didn’t know how to utilize any of the talent. Why would they tear it apart right now?

Is this a troll post?

Doesn't mean I don't think they should hit the reset button once the Brady/Bellicheck era is over. 

Yeah because finding a franchise QB is so easy. 

The Browns always have too much talent that never gels together, they're the browns. 

Yes.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ok, but the Dolphins didn’t change their front office. They traded away all of their players. Are you really advocating that the Browns should do that? Remember, credibility is important. 

And the Browns are always in building mode because they didn’t have any raw talent on their team. They have oodles of talent now, but no idea how to utilize it. 

You’re being a silly goose. 

They did change their front office quite a bit and hired a new HC. Yes they should, specifically their troubled players obviously not Mayfield. 

They're always in building mode because they never give HCs/GMs a shot to solidify the team and if they do give a guy a shot it's Hue Jackson who is the longest tentured Browns coach under Haslam. 

271465887_f1d2bc42d2_z.jpg

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

The Browns always have too much talent that never gels together, they're the browns. 

Lol what? Our rosters have always been absolute garbage. The last halfway decent roster we had was in 2008. And the last time before that was....the 1980’s. This is an insane line of logic you are on.